How Many More FRIDAYS?

Started by Jarhead0331, August 10, 2018, 05:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennisS

Quote from: sandman2575 on August 10, 2018, 12:15:24 PM
I applaud you in your home-brew baseball efforts, Dennis. I'll give you Koufax, but Kershaw? Yeah, dude is awesome (...though turning out to be worryingly injury-prone as well), but even from more recent decades, wouldn't you rather have Randy Johnson or Pedro Martinez, to say nothing of Walter Johnson and the old-time blokes -- ?

Anyway, I've also caught the Endless Space 2 bug. Game is deceptively deep, as many of you have mentioned. It's also a testament to just how important a game's UI is. Even just manipulating ES2's UI is a pleasure -- it's so sleek and fluid and flexible.

... I can't figure out how Trade works though -- ?

Kershaw's batting average against is ... wait for it, .195. This is the best, all time, outside of the deadball era. He doesn't walk a lot of peeps, either, with his pitching on base percentage of .261. Chris Sale and Pedro Martinez have OBP's of .262, second all time for starters. Sid Fernandez must have been a beast, lifetime average against of .190, but OBP of .283.

Randy Johnson .200/.288, and will be a starter in this league..probably a number one guy. If a pitcher gives up a hit (RNG <=200 in Randy's case), the batter's card will then be looked at to determine what the hit was. Ty Cobb had 9 home runs per 1000 at bats, Mark McGwire had 94 home runs per 1000 at bats. This league will be STUFFED with great hitters, and not allowing hits (from the pitcher's card) will be crucial. LOTS of double plays are expected...high on base percentages, lots of slow sluggers.

DennisS

Quote from: sandman2575 on August 10, 2018, 12:15:24 PM
I applaud you in your home-brew baseball efforts, Dennis. I'll give you Koufax, but Kershaw? Yeah, dude is awesome (...though turning out to be worryingly injury-prone as well), but even from more recent decades, wouldn't you rather have Randy Johnson or Pedro Martinez, to say nothing of Walter Johnson and the old-time blokes -- ?

Anyway, I've also caught the Endless Space 2 bug. Game is deceptively deep, as many of you have mentioned. It's also a testament to just how important a game's UI is. Even just manipulating ES2's UI is a pleasure -- it's so sleek and fluid and flexible.

... I can't figure out how Trade works though -- ?

One last comment...pitching in this modern era is as good as it ever was, after say 1918. Scherzer, Sale, Kershaw, and others would be 300 game winners, and just dominant in any era.

Sir Slash

Maybe some Warhammer TW for a change this weekend. I feel like smacking some Orcs around.  :knuppel2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

nelmsm

Playing through some CMANO tutorials, returning PBEM files, and thinking of starting a Thirty Years War or War of Succession campaign.  Been watching Historical Wargamer's video's on Bombing the Reich and pondering a start there as well but of course I'll see something shiny along the way and start on something totally different. 

jamus34

Lots of time this morning with Star Traders Frontiers

Also playing Endless Space 2 and Octopath Traveler

Maybe some Fallout 4 too.
Insert witty comment here.

bbmike

Civ6 and 7 Days to Die. I noticed in my Steam account that 7 Days to Die is about to become my most played game!  :o
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

JasonPratt

Working hard on finishing up the grand finale to my video AAR of the Crisis Grog multiplayer group's full team co-op of FIRE IN THE LAKE (in Tabletop Simulator).

Been a few whole months since I actually finished a video, and I want this out of the way so I can concentrate one of my mental "multiplayer" slots on umpiring THE GROGPUBLIC OF ROME, starting in a week or two. I think I've imported everything I can feasibly import for now, and that everything is ready to start. Just giving time for some people to get off vacation and other trips.

(That's zoomed too far out to be anything other than a quick overview of all the players at once, of course.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Other than that, things are really burning along now, in my GrogFest Strategic Command Classic game vs. Shelldrake! But fortunately, the rainy season of October has started, so my wrecked piles of divisions might be doused.  :bd:  <:-)

L:-) :hide:

Whether I can pull this debacle out of the Bear's teeth yet, I don't know. But if I ever play the East Front campaign against someone else during the competition, I'll be doing some things differently.  :pullhair: (It doesn't help that Shelldrake is playing his cards like a Zukovy thing.)

I doubt the Crisis Grogs will get around to my Belgiacs again this weekend, but so far I feel reasonably confident about being able to hold onto my lead until next winter. Despite that being a lonnnnng way down the year. Everyone else is either close to winning, too, or past their own goalpost already, however.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!