Graviteam's TANK WARFARE: Tunisa 1943 due out on STEAM in May 2017

Started by Staggerwing, April 18, 2017, 12:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Got an email from Strategy First. Finally left the Eastern Front!

Link to some screenies:

http://trk.cp20.com/click/frpn9-amqiew-97cnaa4/

That's All I got right now. Feel free to add more info.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Skoop

So is this like GT tactics or blaze of war where you actually get to crew the tanks.  Personally I'd be more excited about the latter but I agree it's great they are going to North Africa.

sandman2575

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 18, 2017, 12:44:29 PM
Finally left the Eastern Front!

Cool!

(Nothing against the Ostfront - just very interesting they're moving focus to North Africa!)

RyanE

I couldn't get any info on whether this will be an extension of Mius Front or a completely separate game.  Anyone see anything anywhere on that?

Silent Disapproval Robot

Nice!  I hope the terrain is a little more friendly to infantry than it was in Shield of the Prophet but looking forward to it regardless.

salazarus

Quote from: RyanE on April 18, 2017, 04:34:46 PM
I couldn't get any info on whether this will be an extension of Mius Front or a completely separate game.  Anyone see anything anywhere on that?

Separate game. Tank warfare "will be dedicated to the Allies and the "conventional" Western front". Graviteam Tactics "will continue to develop of the eastern front (and not only EF)". IMO they should release this under Graviteam Tactics IP.
Source:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/312980/discussions/0/133262848300696829/

jomni

DLC modules would be better if it is the same engine.

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

SirAndrewD

I really wish they'd do a new WW2 armor sim like their previous Steel Fury/Armor games. 

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Raied

So excited, according to this article:
http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/04/18/tank-warfare-tunisia-1943-announced-pc-gets-new-screenshots/
Graviteam CEO Vladimir Zayarniy had this to say regarding the upcoming strategy game:
"Set in North Africa during the Tunisian campaign in World War II, one of World War II's most intense conflicts and offers real-time and turn-based strategy options,"

So this mean turn based option is confirmed, so that means the possibility of adding PBEM :D

jomni

rocketman

Turn based  :bd: - then I'll finally try a game in this series. Just read a book about the North Africa campaign and really want to play a good game dealing with it.

Skoop

fabius

Turn based ! Do they mean in the tactical part, like CM.
That with the Operational Layer hypes me.  <:-)

Father Ted

Quote from: rocketman on April 19, 2017, 10:56:44 AM
Turn based  :bd: - then I'll finally try a game in this series. Just read a book about the North Africa campaign and really want to play a good game dealing with it.

I've also just read a book about Operation Torch and the subsequent campaign, so am likewise looking for a game.  I'd be very surprised if the gameplay differed from the existing Graviteam model.  I'd interpret that announcement as turn-based strategy and real-time tactical.