Readers Choice Awards: 2016 AAR of the Year Nominations

Started by bayonetbrant, February 11, 2016, 04:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

I'll have to get someone else to write it for me.  What I've seen can't be unseen.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

Quote from: MetalDog on February 12, 2016, 05:03:28 PM
I'll have to get someone else to write it for me.  What I've seen can't be unseen.

We could do a video AAR.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

MetalDog

Quote from: mirth on February 12, 2016, 06:12:52 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on February 12, 2016, 05:03:28 PM

We could do a video AAR.

Quote from: mirth on February 12, 2016, 06:17:33 PM
Working title - Magic: The Sexening

And subject EVERYONE to the Love That Dare Not Speak Its Name?!  I'm not taking responsibility for unleashing THAT on mankind!!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

If you guys want action, I could always post the transcript of my last divorce. Damn that woman has a great lawyer. Before we were threw, I wished I had married him instead.  :'(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 12, 2016, 11:16:24 PM
If you guys want action, I could always post the transcript of my last divorce. Damn that woman has a great lawyer. Before we were threw, I wished I had married him instead.  :'(

We've led parallel lives.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Quote from: mirth on February 11, 2016, 11:51:33 PM
We have an entire year to fight about this, right?

Also, this is only the nomination phase. Not the voting phase.

Also, I have a MTG AAR for an illegal version of MTG, featuring a sorceress and her red wienies. Here on Grogheads!  O0 (But not applicable since that was last year. Unless I start it up again for 5 posts worth this year. ;) )

Also, I nominate Banzai_Cat's Pool of Radiance AAR; and Con vs. Geek's mutually self-destructive "Rolling on the River" Combat Mission Black Sea AAR. Sadly, ineligible.  :'( Although BC might re-elige his.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

So since my first two nominations aren't eligible (or one of them at the moment isn't), allow me to nominate Hofstadter's Hitler's Last Gamble, for ComOps1's Battles from the Bulge, and Crossroad's "West Bank Crossroads" DAR vs Berto for Campaign Series Middle East.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

BanzaiCat

My Pool of Radiance AAR is one I want to get back to. I just haven't had the time. Also the FCN AAR. Probably won't finish up the Ottoman Sunset one, unfortunately.

Brant - I haven't done an update for the BofF one I was doing. I assume since you're not asking you don't need it any longer? ;)

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on February 15, 2016, 08:14:41 PMBrant - I haven't done an update for the BofF one I was doing. I assume since you're not asking you don't need it any longer? ;)

I would've liked to see it thru, but if you aren't feeling it, don't force it.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Emeraldlis

I'm nominating B_C , pool of radiance AAR , love it  :smitten:  O0
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

airboy

Topic: REALLY OUT TO GET ME, TOO! -- JRP vs Bartheart on Twilight Struggle PC (DONE)
For a couple of reasons.  First, it inspired me to buy the game.
Second, it was fun.

Third - my wife says "vote no" because I bought another game.

JasonPratt

I should go read that again: I have literally forgotten who won that game!  :crazy2: :uglystupid2:

Barthheart

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 26, 2016, 03:20:11 PM
I should go read that again: I have literally forgotten who won that game!  :crazy2: :uglystupid2:

That's because I won.   :bd: