Planes!

Started by bayonetbrant, March 03, 2013, 02:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Found a site that talks about the F-117, including a page that lists all current aircraft and ones that were lost.

http://www.f-117a.com/Gallery.html

mirth

QuoteB-17G Fortress "Mizpah" took a direct AAA hit in the nose on mission to Budapest, 14 July 1944. Two men were killed instantly but the pilot held her level long enough for crew to get out and become POW's. The aircraft crashed near Dunavecse, Hungary.

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

QuoteGerman Junkers Ju 388, a development of the mass-produced Ju 88, adapted for high-altitude operations in response to the new American B-29 bomber

Centurion40

Guess what I visited this summer?
Any time is a good time for pie.

bob48

Looks interesting!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Centurion40

Bawb, it was more interesting than I ever imagined.

Centurion40

And just when I thought that it couldn't get any better, it did!

OJsDad

Is that the USAF museum in Dayton?
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Centurion40

Like, "Holy Shit!" better.

Centurion40

Quote from: OJsDad on October 14, 2017, 10:00:16 AM
Is that the USAF museum in Dayton?

Yessir! Two BIG thumbs up from ole 40.

OJsDad

It's a great museum.  Was there a couple of years ago with my son's boy scout troop.  Need to get back down there, since they've expanded since then.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

BanzaiCat

Wright-Patterson AFB? I visited there as a wee lad back in the 70s

mirth

Be honest, you were never 'wee'.