Steel Fury 1942 STA 3.3 Mod

Started by Jarhead0331, July 21, 2018, 07:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

We've been talking about this mod in the IL-2 thread and figured it wasn't fair to IL-2 and Tank Crew to detract from the discussion for a totally different sim, so I'm creating a separate thread for STA. Looks like Grim is hopping on the band wagon too, so that makes at least 2 of us. I'll be posting some screen shots, observations and maybe some AARs in the near future. Hope this generates some interest. I'll still focus on Tank Crew for my VR experiences, but when it comes to non-VR, the STA mod is best thing available for WWII ground combat and tank simming.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

still no reply after my pm to the person:(. patiently waiting

JasonPratt

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 21, 2018, 07:07:24 PM
I'll be posting some screen shots, observations and maybe some AARs in the near future. Hope this generates some interest.

IT WILL!  :D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 21, 2018, 07:09:42 PM
still no reply after my pm to the person:(. patiently waiting

I think he is in the Ukraine. Time difference can be a pain, but overall, when he is around, I've found that he replies very quickly. Hang in there, bud.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

This video shows an assault on a Soviet defensive line by a mixed force of armor and infantry. It comes from one of the add-on campaign packs with 10 missions.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JasonPratt

SQUEE!

...uh, I mean, SQUEE EEEK!

...uh, I mean, like in the squeaks of a tank chassis in movement, and the rotation of the turret.  :D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Destraex

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 21, 2018, 07:30:23 PM
This video shows an assault on a Soviet defensive line by a mixed force of armor and infantry. It comes from one of the add-on campaign packs with 10 missions.

Jarhead. That video is AMAZING!! It's exactly what I want from tank crew... just want multiplayer to go with it in a campaign and it would be perfecto.
That video blew me away. Imagine tank crew having this sort of detail. Downloading the demo. It still seems to be $20 at gamersgate and not on steam.
Do you need the european version to use the mod?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Destraex on July 21, 2018, 09:59:09 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 21, 2018, 07:30:23 PM

Jarhead. That video is AMAZING!! It's exactly what I want from tank crew... just want multiplayer to go with it in a campaign and it would be perfecto.
That video blew me away. Imagine tank crew having this sort of detail. Downloading the demo. It still seems to be $20 at gamersgate and not on steam.
Do you need the european version to use the mod?

I thought you would fall in love with it. As far as I know, it is not MP. SP only...this makes me happy, but I know you have a group that you like to play with. I could be wrong though...its not something I have looked into.

I have the US Gamersgate version of Steel Fury, so you do not need the euro version of the game to install and use the mod.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Grim.Reaper

Not a lot of good luck so far.....

Did finally get a response and looks like you almost have to go through an "interview" process to download things.....first they want you to download 1.2 and then depending on that, they will make other things available to you instead of everything at once.  Although not really optimal, I'll certainly try working through it but hopefully it does not become too much work.

Regardless they gave me links to a torrent...and simply no luck downloading the files.  Tried multiple torrent clients and can't get the thing to download.  I have enabled all of my security software to allow it so not sure what is going on.

I don't give up easy, but just not sure how much time I will invest in figuring this stuff out, especially since only step #1 :(

Jarhead0331

That's strange...I didn't have to go through and hurdles with 1.2 at all. You pm'ed lockie?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 22, 2018, 09:31:54 AM
That's strange...I didn't have to go through and hurdles with 1.2 at all. You pm'ed lockie?

yep, he is the that responded.  i sent another message to see if non torrent option.  even after i get this working, i wonder how many more steps before i can just get the latest version.

WallysWorld

I bought and installed SF 1942 a few weeks ago and then contacted lockie to download STA 1.2 and I had no issues using BitTorrent. lockie asks you to try 1.2 for a while to make sure everything works well on your PC before donating to get 3.3. I guess he wants to make sure you don't waste your money on a mod that may have issues on your PC.

The installs for 3.3 are non-torrent and you need to download about 10 files. lockie lists the needed files in his PM to you. There are instructions on how to install them using JSGME and it was quite an easy process and worth the effort. The terrain mods are excellent and the amount of scenarios you get with 3.3 is incredible and then there's extra campaigns available for small donations.

The Youtube videos by Geoweb35 is what convinced me to finally buy the game in the first place.

Would love to have TrackIR for this game.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Tuna

How do you download 1.2? I see this page, but no active links on it.

http://stasf2008.forumotion.com/t6-stasteel-fury-1-2

JasonPratt

For archiving purposes, here's the other 3.3 video Jarhead posted in the IL2 thread:

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: WallysWorld on July 22, 2018, 10:58:58 AM
I bought and installed SF 1942 a few weeks ago and then contacted lockie to download STA 1.2 and I had no issues using BitTorrent. lockie asks you to try 1.2 for a while to make sure everything works well on your PC before donating to get 3.3. I guess he wants to make sure you don't waste your money on a mod that may have issues on your PC.

The installs for 3.3 are non-torrent and you need to download about 10 files. lockie lists the needed files in his PM to you. There are instructions on how to install them using JSGME and it was quite an easy process and worth the effort. The terrain mods are excellent and the amount of scenarios you get with 3.3 is incredible and then there's extra campaigns available for small donations.

The Youtube videos by Geoweb35 is what convinced me to finally buy the game in the first place.

Would love to have TrackIR for this game.

Although I can appreciate that, it has been extremely frustrating.  In communication with them but just piece by piece versus just providing me the full details.  At this point, I am losing hope that this is worth the time and effort.....no idea why this has been made so hard and I haven't even gotten to the point of actually installing anything.