I hope someday, somone will explain the pterodactyl in The Scarlet and the Black

Started by JasonPratt, July 09, 2018, 07:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

... wait, have I never mentioned the pterodactyl in The Scarlet and the Black? The awesome true story, filmed on location, of the Irish Inquisition (Gregory Peck) smuggling Jewish refugees vs the Nazi Occupation (Christopher Plummer)? Which drips with authentic set design because the crew just went to historical places and lit them up and filmed there?

{searching the forum for pterodactyl} Well, apparently I haven't!

Now you can never again unsee it. Glaring at Christopher Plummer as he's silently freaking the heck out!

Look closely at the prior photos. There's something with a foot-stand behind the pterodactyl (on its little black standee). Not there anymore in the subsequent shot.

There has to be a story behind that prop. The internet has failed me so far however. (Caution: searching the internet for "the scarlet and the black pterodactyl" will, however, point you to places you should not go.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

BanzaiCat

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 09, 2018, 07:15:47 PM
... wait, have I never mentioned the pterodactyl in The Scarlet and the Black?

No, nor have you mentioned the apparently awesome wacky baccy you boys grow out there in rural Tennessee.

JasonPratt

Ah, but for the price of an Amazon rental (I haven't checked if the film is available on Netflix), you, too, can see a pterodactyl statue in all its snake-necked majesty. None of Tennessee's most lucrative cash crop required!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!