Top Gun 2 Official now - 5th generation aircraft and drone warfare

Started by Destraex, June 07, 2018, 07:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Atilla60

It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.
- Sir Winston Churchill -

jamus34

Bleh. I think someone said it here but what's next Risky Business 2020?

I have no interest in this. None at all.
Insert witty comment here.

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Staggerwing

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 27, 2019, 11:10:43 AM
it will have some of the best aerial footage ever.

I'm betting that most of the actual air involved in the movie will be that blown by cooling fans over the CPUs and GPUs of the workstations that created all the CGI.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

em2nought

It's one of life's mysteries that Hollywood is willing to release this before November 2020.  ;D
Stolen elections have consequences.

JudgeDredd

Is there a discussion about this film somewhere else? Can't believe it's not talk of the town. I've been to see it 4 times and it's absolutely superb. Better than the original in almost every way - and I was a huge fan of that one.

Anyway - get out and see it if you haven't.
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 10, 2022, 04:20:12 PM
Is there a discussion about this film somewhere else? Can't believe it's not talk of the town. I've been to see it 4 times and it's absolutely superb. Better than the original in almost every way - and I was a huge fan of that one.

Saw it, liked it but absolutely liked the first one much better.  Although was a fun movie, not sure I liked it as much as everyone else raves about it.  Probably just me....

Jarhead0331

I am dying to see it. I just have not had the chance, and honestly, I want to wait until the crowds die down a little.

I saw the movie in the theater when I was 9. It grabbed onto my imagination then and never let go. The new movie released on my daughter's 9th birthday. I think that is a special coincidence.

Hope to see it very soon.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

al_infierno

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 10, 2022, 04:37:12 PM

I am dying to see it. I just have not had the chance, and honestly, I want to wait until the crowds die down a little.

+1
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 27, 2019, 06:25:48 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 27, 2019, 11:10:43 AM
it will have some of the best aerial footage ever.

I'm betting that most of the actual air involved in the movie will be that blown by cooling fans over the CPUs and GPUs of the workstations that created all the CGI.

and almost no cgi
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

Ha friggin' Stafury called it three years ago on the CGI!!

The Wife wants to drag me to a theater to see this but I will also wait until the billions have seen it first.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd