Main Menu

World of Tanks 1.0

Started by GDS_Starfury, March 21, 2018, 02:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

kind of surprised no ones posted about this.

today was the release of WoT 1.0. 
a totally new graphics engine and redesigned maps brings the game out of russian levels of potato and into the Western hemisphere.
all the main bits are explained here:  https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/1-0-is-here/
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

steve58

^nope.  "World of..." games are all MP
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

I'll have to give it a try on XBone
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

acctingman

Well, guess I know when I'm buying my PS4

steve58

Quote from: steve58 on March 21, 2018, 03:20:08 PM
^nope.  "World of..." games are all MP

OK, sry forgot about the co-op mode/bots. The bots in WoWS are pretty easy.  I imagine they are similar in WoT?
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Con

Interesting to see those maps that I spent so much time fighting on with new graphics.  Kind of makes me want to fire it up again

Con

Geezer

I haven't played in so long several of those maps look new to me.  Maybe if they threw in some premium time I'd come back.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Barthheart

Quote from: acctingman on March 21, 2018, 03:31:52 PM
Well, guess I know when I'm buying my PS4

It's free... unless you want to buy tanks instead of grind for them...

GDS_Starfury

the maps have a similar layout but are essentially new.
and there are very few shit bots in game JH.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Geezer

I reloaded the game.  Not even sure why as I have not played in 3 years, and sucked when I did play.  At least I still have about 6K gold and 12M credits.  :)

Saw some screens about missions and a campaign.  All new to me.  Will have to RTFM.  Oh wait, is there one?
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Slick Wilhelm

Wow, this is pretty cool! I have not played much in the last two years, but it may be time to jump back in and get serious. Thanks for posting this, Starfury!

GDS_Starfury

:bd:

it really feels like a new game.

mostly.