Main Menu

X-52 problem

Started by JudgeDredd, March 18, 2018, 08:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

How very, very, very odd.

After posting above about the lights not working, I plugged in my X52 and the lights came on the throttle and a few seconds later Windows informed me drivers for my Saitek X52 Pro had been installed.

I then closed Chrome and rebooted my machine (a windows message saying I had to restart the PC for the changes to take effect) and low and behold, plugged in my X52, all the lights are working and no hanging of Chrome.

WTF?  :uglystupid2: :pullhair: #:-) :uglystupid2:
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Nefaro on April 11, 2018, 04:53:05 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 11, 2018, 12:32:11 AM

The other thing I noticed (I haven't nailed this as a pattern yet) is that Battle of Stalingrad would sometimes start and other times not, being stuck on the initial Loading screen. Also, on exiting Stalingrad, I noticed it was still running in Task Manager even though I exited the program normally and this would also result in a reboot (if I wanted to play Stalingrad again) <- this could be a red herring with regard to the joystick though.

The login issues with BoS isn't due to your HOTAS.  I've had the same login hangs with it numerous times before, and I'm using a CH HOTAS stick, throttle, and pedals. 

Was almost like clockwork the last few times I tried to log into BoS, awhile back.  Had to try once or twice more almost every time.

I think it's just their shitty Login & DRM system that chokes regularly.  Strongk Russian Bugs.   At least I eventually get in.  :-"

Currently I've removed the Saitek (Logitech?) software from my system at the moment and will continue to test when I get a moment.

Didn't Saitek start going tits-up and sold out to another company in the past year or two?  I'm surprised if their hardware is still getting driver updates from the new owners.  ???
The X52 is now listed under Logitech. I'd be surprised if they didn't keep drivers up to date tbh.
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

But then I unplugged and I got the slow mouse/beeping noise back again.

:pullhair:
Alba gu' brath

Pete Dero

Quote from: Nefaro on April 11, 2018, 04:53:05 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 11, 2018, 12:32:11 AM

The other thing I noticed (I haven't nailed this as a pattern yet) is that Battle of Stalingrad would sometimes start and other times not, being stuck on the initial Loading screen. Also, on exiting Stalingrad, I noticed it was still running in Task Manager even though I exited the program normally and this would also result in a reboot (if I wanted to play Stalingrad again) <- this could be a red herring with regard to the joystick though.

The login issues with BoS isn't due to your HOTAS.  I've had the same login hangs with it numerous times before, and I'm using a CH HOTAS stick, throttle, and pedals. 

Was almost like clockwork the last few times I tried to log into BoS, awhile back.  Had to try once or twice more almost every time.

I think it's just their shitty Login & DRM system that chokes regularly.  Strongk Russian Bugs.   At least I eventually get in.  :-"

Yesterday I discovered by accident that my shortcut for IL Stalingrad was set to Vista compatibility.

After removing this I could log in more then 15 times without any issues.   Might be just a coincidence ...

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath