Decades Bracket - The 70s Championship

Started by MetalDog, March 14, 2018, 06:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Our Who v. Who matchup produced a blowout.  Our Queen v. Dire Straits matchup produced a tie.  And a comeback win for Bohemian Rhapsody which was down big early in the voting.  I don't always like the results, but I love to see how they go.  And now we'll decide the 70s and our next Final 4 entrant.  Have at!

The 1/2

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Emeraldlis

The world is a cruel place  :'( I've loved bohemian rhapsody since I was a teen, and saw it sang in "that" scene in the movie Wayne's world. Saw it at the cinema with a bunch of friends, and we parodied the heck out of it for ages afterwards  :DD

BUT..... I love the who  :smitten: and that song is awesome..... What am I gonna do??? I may need to curl up in a foetal position for a while and weep..... Thanks MD  O0 toughest choice yet for me of this whole song voting extravaganza  >:( :P
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

MetalDog

I love it when there is no doubt that whichever song wins, it'll be the right one.  Baba O'Riley for the win!

Emeraldlis

Your song choice won MD, well done  O0 I went with Queen, but I'm certainly  not unhappy about a who song winning, and baba o'riley is a deserving winner :)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

MetalDog

I also voted for Bohemian Rhapsody.  I just meant that either song would have been a great representative for the 70s.