The 29837456293847th Annual GrogHeads March Madness Bracket Challenge!

Started by bayonetbrant, March 11, 2018, 03:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

You guys thought I was nuts for picking NC State to the Elite 8, but given what we've seen so far in the tournament, was it really that nuts?

I mean, it's not like you saw UVa, Mich St, UNC, and Cincy to be out in the first weekend, huh?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

This has been an ugly tournament.  Exciting, but ugly.

But I'm leading my very big office pool and have more possible points remaining than anyone other than one person.

I'm in the top 1.1% of picks nationally, and my South Region is officially dead to me with no possible points left.

MetalDog

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 18, 2018, 07:56:14 PM
You guys thought I was nuts for picking NC State to the Elite 8, but given what we've seen so far in the tournament, was it really that nuts?

I mean, it's not like you saw UVa, Mich St, UNC, and Cincy to be out in the first weekend, huh?

It may not be pretty elsewhere, but, you might want to check my bracket for those two. ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

airboy

Down to Stophro and me.

I'm leading my big office pool.

But we are back to the basics of somebody needs to beat Dook.

bayonetbrant

RANK BRACKET, OWNER     R64    R32   S16  E8    F4  NCG   CHAMPION     PPR   TOTAL    PCT
1    Airboy             240    200    0    0    0    0    Villanova    840    440    99.1
2    stophro            220    180    0    0    0    0    UVA          520    400    88.8
3    Straight Chalk     230    140    0    0    0    0    UVA          480    370    65.7
4    OJsDad             240    100    0    0    0    0    Michigan St  360    340    35.1
5    bayonetbrant       220    100    0    0    0    0    UVA          120    320    21.9

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Some serious fun last night -

Loyola-Chicago couldn't miss in the second half, until suddenly Nevada needed another comeback run

Michigan did to A&AM what A&M did to UNC

K State knocks off Kentucky?  Who saw that coming?

And FSU can't win tournament games when they're supposed to, but give them a 9-seed and now they're playing to get into the final four...

bayonetbrant

I'm not sure I ever remember a tournament that was this nuts.

If you ride with Kansas or Villanova or Duke as your favorites, you're doing ok.  Everyone else is f'ed.
And if you took the leap of faith on Kansas (famous for Bill Self's seed-elimination bingo) or Duke's regularly-inattentive freshmen, it's paying off

bayonetbrant

it almost seems pointless to post a daily standings up date here as we all watch Airboy pull further away from us in the standings, but I'll get one up after the weekend carnage :-\

OJsDad

K-State is getting school half 8 minutes in second half. Their coach is going ape poop.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

airboy

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

airboy

OJsDad

Dukes trying hard to lose, but Kansas wont let 'em give up that easily.

OJsDad