Rewriting Sports History

Started by bayonetbrant, January 30, 2018, 09:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

acctingman

Brandon Roy

Local guy, awesome human being and could have been an NBA great

bayonetbrant

the one I saw online that I thought was a good one was Bo Jackson
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

Herb Score - Pitcher.  Dominant until hit in the face by a ball.

Arctic Blast

Mario Lemieux. In the discussion for best hockey player of all time, and that's with Hodgkin's Disease and myriad back problems that nearly ended his career in the early 90's. Without those... :o

Gusington

I was also thinking Bo Jackson.

But the first that comes to mind is Lou Gehrig.

True he already had a great career in baseball when he had to quit, but who knows what kind of manager he could have been, etc.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Personally, I'd love to see how good Dickie Thon would've been if he hadn't been beaned with a fastball, but it's tough to vote against Bo Jackson.

I also wonder how good Ralph Sampson might've turned out to be

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

mirth

Gusington

You guys remember Bryce Flory? He was also a pitcher who got hit in the face, about 20 years ago.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

matt3916