The "Holy %$%# It's Cold Out There" Winter 2017 Thread

Started by mirth, October 27, 2017, 07:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

74 Degrees here. But if it'll make you guys feel better, I will turn my outdoor thermometer upside down to make it look like it says 47.  I'm all about sharing the pain.  O:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

OJsDad

I was in Minneapolis this week.  Stayed below freezing almost the whole time.  Our hotel was downtown.  We discovered that a large number of buildings are connected with a skywalk.  This connected the second floor of those buildings, which had shops and eateries.  One night, we walked from the south side, to the north side, then three blocks outside to a restaurant, then back.  Our hotel was about 2.5 blocks from a building that was connected.

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

I hate when snow suddenly pops up in the forecast. Yesterday there was nothing indicating snow for tonight. Today forecasters are like 'oh by the way your area is getting 2-3 inches later today. Oh and it will be during the evening commute. Tootles!'

😒

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on December 15, 2017, 03:01:58 PM
The Commander may be in for some more snow

I thought The Commander was off to San Diego for a few days
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 15, 2017, 04:20:51 PM
Quote from: mirth on December 15, 2017, 03:01:58 PM
The Commander may be in for some more snow

I thought The Commander was off to San Diego for a few days

Oh yeah. That explains the lack of bitching.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

Gusington

Another winter weather advisory for overnight here for ice and snow that didn't appear anywhere until just hours before  >:(

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

What's the National Weather Service doing with all that money we send them?  :pullhair:

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Barthheart

-15C today and snow... tomorrows forecast is +4C and rain then Wed is back to -4C...  :idiot2:

BanzaiCat

Try upper 60s and 50s next week. F, of course.  O:-)