The "Holy %$%# It's Cold Out There" Winter 2017 Thread

Started by mirth, October 27, 2017, 07:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 14, 2017, 07:27:45 AM
it's only 40° here, so not even freezing.  But man is it a biting cold - windy and dry and painful.

Bite me.  >:(

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

Got a couple of inches of snow overnight no one is at work and kids are home, school closed, car accidents everywhere. Pussies.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Barthheart on December 14, 2017, 07:53:13 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 14, 2017, 07:27:45 AM
it's only 40° here, so not even freezing.  But man is it a biting cold - windy and dry and painful.

Bite me.  >:(

I don't mind cold.  I used to live in the Alps.  I like taking the kids out in the snow.  I can actually drive in shitty weather.

I don't like the windy, biting cold, and especially not when it shouldn't actually feel that cold based on the thermometer
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

mirth

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Barthheart on December 14, 2017, 10:48:41 AM
The wind here is making it feel like -28C....

if only you had a conference call to keep you inside all day
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

mirth

The temp is not going above freezing here until Tuesday.

Barthheart

We might get there on Tuesday as well.. but I thin it's more likely March before we see that for sure....  :P

Emeraldlis

It's been hail stoning on and off for two days now. It's also blowing a gale outside..... And it's freezing! I hate the cold, it makes me angry  :tickedoff: there has been a flurry of snow in town, but it's not reached this far into the countryside where I am yet.... There's a chance it could with the feel of things! What I would like right now is my landrover back, because that was awesome to drive in any icy or snowy conditions :)  instead I'm stuck with a crappy car that would never get even up a marginal incline if it snowed  :pullhair: I'm gonna be changing it soon :)

Quote from: mirth on December 14, 2017, 08:47:27 AM
https://twitter.com/growingwisdom/status/941292966936760321

There is only one real manchester in the world... And that's in Lancashire England  :P
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

I agree. A man's chest should have hair on it. That's what we're talking about here isn't it?  ???
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.