Walking dead season 8

Started by ghostryder, October 25, 2017, 01:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Season 7 killed it for me - managed 6 episodes and that's it, havent bothered with the rest and won't with 8 - I used to genuinely care about the characters and now couldn't care less

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: WallysWorld on October 28, 2017, 10:36:19 PM
A drop in the season premiere's ratings: TWD's premiere ratings dropped 33%

Here's the trend:

Season 1 (2.7, 5.35 million)

Season 2 (3.8, 7.26 million)

Season 3 (5.8, 10.86 million)

Season 4 (8.2, 16.11 million)

Season 5 (8.7, 17.29 million)

Season 6 (7.4, 14.63 million)

Season 7 (8.4, 17.03 million)

Season 8 (5.0, 11.4 million)

and its still making trucks full of cash with advertising, merchandising, spin offs, comics and whatnot.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bbmike

Bah. I still like it. But then I do have a soft spot for post apocalyptic stuff.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 29, 2017, 04:01:53 PM
and its still making trucks full of cash with advertising, merchandising, spin offs, comics and whatnot.

Technically, isn't the show a spin-off from the comics?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GDS_Starfury

technically, isn't Grogheads a spin-off of Wargamer?

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 29, 2017, 08:13:42 PM
technically, isn't Grogheads a spin-off of Wargamer?

Wouldn't we have to maintain some form of parent-child relationship with them for that to be the case?

Aren't we more like when the guys from GNR said "fuck it" and formed Velvet Revolver?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

trailrunner

I just watched episode 2 of season 8.  Another meh.  I can't quite follow the battle.  First there is a placid scene where the Saviors are cleaning their guns, oblivious to the assault (are they deaf?).  That results in a big gun battle, with both sides are just throwing lead at each other, but mid-way through the episode the walkers start taking out the Saviors -- but then they stop.  Meanwhile, Morgan and Jesus are leading teams to assault and clear a building, and suddenly they have full seal team 6 ninja warrior skills, able to get the first deadly shot off with perfect accuracy every time.  Rick and Darryl start out with a team to clear another building and look for something, but soon they are alone on the top floor, showing super ninja skills interspersed with idiocy (gee, let me dwell on this photo for a long time with my back to the room so that guy can sneak up on me) that results in Rick getting ambushed twice.  I also don't quite understand Carol and the King (Carol King?), who are wandering around in the woods trying to sneak up on another compound (I think?) while the King continues to give pep talks to the team and Carol looks skeptical.  Throughout this, Neegan and his inner circle are nowhere to be seen.

trailrunner

Oh yeah -- In the big gun fight, both sides are blazing away at each other.  There are lots of full-auto rifles there, which is pretty dubious, yet I didn't see a single reload.  If they were shooting that much, they'd be running through magazines like crazy, and if I were in that situation, I'd have every pocket stuffed with extra mags.  (I'd would also not be wasting so much ammo.)

The teams that are clearing out the other buildings now conveniently have lots of guns with silencers on them.  Yeah, maybe it's plausible, but not very.  I think it's just to add to their ninja image.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: trailrunner on October 30, 2017, 08:00:57 PM
Oh yeah -- In the big gun fight, both sides are blazing away at each other.  There are lots of full-auto rifles there, which is pretty dubious, yet I didn't see a single reload.  If they were shooting that much, they'd be running through magazines like crazy, and if I were in that situation, I'd have every pocket stuffed with extra mags.  (I'd would also not be wasting so much ammo.)

http://grogheads.com/featured-posts/10458

Gusington

The first two episodes so far have really sucked. I am almost about to quit watching. Again.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

WallysWorld

I like to read up on TV ratings just to see how a show is doing and episode 2 had the lowest ratings since the season finale of season 2.

"Down to the worst the series has done in adults 18-49 since back on March 11, 2012, this Sunday's TWD delivered 4.0 rating in the key demo. With a total viewership of 8.92 million, "The Damned" episode was damned to fall below any episode since its Season 2 finale of March 18, 2012, which had an audience of 8.99 million.
With that, TWD EPs and AMC are surely hoping they are holding a ratings ace with the anticipated crossover sometime next year between the show and its Fear The Walking Dead spinoff. Offering few specifics, Kirkman announced the crossover to roars at this year's New York Comic-Com earlier this month."

TWD's ratings
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

ghostryder

The second episode clearly shows Gillian and crew can't tell a decent story. We still are wondering what happens with Negan and our idiot Gabriel-- and if I'm not mistaken the compound Rick and Daryll are sweeping for a weapons cache is the very same main compound they assaulted and withdrew from in episode one---leaving Gabriel with Negan surrounded by 1000 walkers-- as we clearly see Daryll opening his old cell and many bedrooms we've seen before in the compound. Supposively these weapons are present because of the same inside info given to them from the same inside source---whatever that guy's name is--that helped with elimating the lookouts.

Morgan and crew get mowed down by standing openly in front of a closed door they stupidly open...come on--even bad cop shows have the detective take cover beside said door before they open it-- but like --- the bullets magically bounce off Morgan and only kill his companions- even the high powered ones from an ak-47---and he gets up and can't empty his limitless pistol clip no matter how many people he kills.

The only dialogue we get the whole episode is between Carol and the King--- and that's basically this old Zoo keeper reafirming how his fantasy has become reality-- as we know Carol knows his secret that he just made the whole damn thing up-- and simply smiles throughout---she clearly likes this nutball---afterall he's less dumb than the garbage people we've yet seen this season---I would expect Rick and crew wants payback for that betrayal-- 

Oh, the real dramatic part was the gay guy getting shot...the one that is so insignificant I think he's had 3 minutes of airtime during his 3 season appearance. We also get some dialougue from the lesbo about her dead lover--so at least the LBGT community get's their lobbied agenda aired. Other than that one has to wonder what the hell the episode was about? Story never moved. Where's Carl and his girlfriend BTW? Never saw them. Rick's girlfriend was missing in action and i'm not remembering Maggie--- which BTW has been nothing but a fifth wheel since Glenn died-- the whole angle of her leading Hilltop- and Rick wanting to follow? Sorry-- it's a setup as she'll be the next main character off'd as she no longer really has a purpose and just reminds viewers Glen is dead.

I remember the good old days when fans talked endlessly about the characters and what might happen--now all we ever talk about is how dumb the scenes are and how out of character everyone is behaving. I wonder why I invest my Amazon money on it--it's now become like watching a crash scene on the interstate-where you just have to slow down to look.

GDS_Starfury

why do you dislike gay people so much?

ghostryder

I don't dislike gay people...it's their agenda that I dislike. they got to be represented now in all forms of entertainment....even a zombie a apocalypse can't skirt the agenda. Yet...in reality they represent less than 5% of the population they have to be represented 100 percent on our TV screen? Pleeeeese!