RIP Hall of Fame QB Y.A. Tittle

Started by bayonetbrant, October 09, 2017, 01:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20967731/ya-tittle-pro-football-hall-famer-dies-age-90

QuoteY.A. Tittle, the Hall of Fame quarterback and 1963 NFL MVP, has died. He was 90.

His family confirmed to LSU, where Tittle starred in college, that he died Sunday night at Stanford Hospital near his home in Atherton, California.

Known as "The Bald Eagle" as much for his sturdy leadership as his prematurely receding hairline, Tittle played 17 seasons of pro football. He began with the All-America Football Conference's Baltimore Colts in 1948 and finished with the NFL's New York Giants. He played 10 years in between with the San Francisco 49ers but had his greatest success in New York, leading the Giants to three division titles in four years in a remarkable late-career surge.

Tittle never won a championship but came to personify the competitive spirit of football, thanks to an iconic photo taken by Dozier Mobley during Tittle's final season in 1964.

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

RIP Yelberton Abraham Tittle (and yes I knew that without looking it up(although, I did NOT know he was a Junior before I looked it up to make sure I remembered the Yelberton Abraham part correctly)).
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob