Australia to Hire only Females until Army is 50% Female

Started by Destraex, October 03, 2017, 05:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Do you guys get this in the US?
In Australia a paper ran an article from an anonymous source who told them that they had been told not to hire men but to insta green light women. They had talked to Australian defence force recruiters who could not be named for fear of losing their jobs. Now a lot of people did refute this at the time because it was anonymous. But then I found the original speech by Australian Brass that claimed they are aiming in the end for 50% women in the army. I have also seen other top people going on record basically threatening Recruiters jobs if they do not comply with hiring females, apparently they have been thought to be ignoring the orders to hire females when their probably just are not that many of quality applying. (cannot remember the source though).
How are you going to do that when it's mainly men that apply and generally women who are less qualified for combat positions (see older US marine study tests?). I think it's logical that this anonymous source was probably telling the truth. They have been given a piece of paper telling them that certain roles are for females only.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/australian-army-bans-male-recruits-to-get-female-numbers-up/news-story/69ee9dc1d4f8836e9cca7ca2e3e5680a

http://www.defence.gov.au/AnnualReports/15-16/Downloads/Women-in-ADF-Report-2015-16-online-only.pdf

EDIT:
I have found where the telegraph got it's quotes from. So on that point the telegraph was correct. 30:00 minute mark of so or just before. He wants to get to 50% ideally so they actually reported under what he was saying.
http://www.act.ipaa.org.au/2017-pastevent-iwd
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

airboy

PC run amok.  Hope you don't get into a shooting war anytime soon.

Gusington

China, North Korea and Japan are all probably looking on with great interest.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

They dig him too. I hear they call him, "The BIG G" if you know what I mean.  ^-^
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Destraex

So you did not get something similar happening in the states?

Hofstadter

Please invade Australia, the drama over the gay marriage vote is starting to get tedious to watch

And EW. Bearing....really. Dudes a straight up 9 on the tosser scale.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Destraex on October 04, 2017, 03:41:33 AM
So you did not get something similar happening in the states?

no, and it sure sounds like someone took a suggestion or random memo and blew it out of proportion on a similar scale to Breitbart's infamous "Woolworth's is a Muslim Store Now" incident a few years ago
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Smells like a deliberately provocative fake news plant to me. Maybe the Chinese are learning from the Russian Facebook example and applying the lessons to their own backyard.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

So the new standard is the army 'down under' has to be perfectly 50/50 'down under'? What about the Navy? And who's going to check gender before the charge up the hill? "All right Troops. Turn around and drop-em. Lets make sure we have an even count"!  :DD
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Destraex

I know they would like to have 50% as stated by the speech I linked. The short term goals are much lower according to the Australian Defence Force report.
Maybe the anonymous recruiter was just a beat up. We don't know because the recruiter wanted to be anonymous. i.e. did not want to lose his\her\its job.

"Army has made progress in growing female participation. Female representation in Army
has increased from 10.1 per cent as at 30 June 20124
to 12.1 per cent as at 30 June
2016. This represents a net increase of 676 women in the Army today. The Chiefs of
Service Committee has set Army a long-term target for increasing the participation of
women to 15 per cent by 2023, with Chief of Army setting a further long-term target of
reaching 25 per cent female participation in Army. "
http://www.defence.gov.au/AnnualReports/15-16/Downloads/Women-in-ADF-Report-2015-16-online-only.pdf

Destraex

Quote from: Hofstadter on October 04, 2017, 05:30:50 AM
Please invade Australia, the drama over the gay marriage vote is starting to get tedious to watch

And EW. Bearing....really. Dudes a straight up 9 on the tosser scale.
You get news of this from America?

ghostryder

I'm willing to send a couple ex-girlfriends their way.  8)

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus