Author Topic: Fire in the Lake - Vassal Learning Game - Need US Player  (Read 311 times)

Offline ArizonaTank

• Man-at-Arms
Fire in the Lake - Vassal Learning Game - Need US Player
« on: September 14, 2017, 06:02:41 AM »
-EDIT-  Looks like we found a player - thanks for looking

Group of three looking for PBEM vassal US player for Fire in the Lake.  No experience necessary, just a willingness to learn.  Old COIN hands welcome as well of course.  Game has already started, just entering the first coup.  We are having to replace US player who could no longer continue.

Send me a PM, or drop a post here if interested.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 09:38:48 AM by ArizonaTank »
"Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden."   Grantland Rice, New York Herald Tribune, October 18th, 1924. 

Notre Dame wins at Army, 13 - 7, Oct. 18, 1924

Notre Dame undefeated 1924
Coach: Knute Rockne

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
Re: Fire in the Lake - Vassal Learning Game - Need US Player
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 06:51:02 AM »
Also:

1.) it's a full team game, so you don't have to worry about competing against ARVN (the US teammate).

2.) the US is totally crushing the score right now, so hard that in a competitive game he would have won on the first coup.

3.) you'll be teamed with a somewhat experienced player.

4.) the somewhat experienced player is me.  >:D

5.) I've never played ARVN against other hoo-man be-eings before.  :-[

6.) but my position right now is prepped to get a lot better, very quickly.

7.) I help my ally a lot (which is one reason why the US is currently crushing the score.  O0 )

8.) the US faction is arguably the easiest to play. In some ways.
GROGS OF CRISIS -- a four-player mp of GMT's boardgame Time of Crisis, set in the decades before Diocletian.

Me vs Barth -- DC1: Blitz

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline ArizonaTank

• Man-at-Arms
Re: Fire in the Lake - Vassal Learning Game - Need US Player
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 09:38:12 AM »
Thanks everyone for looking

Looks like we found a player.

"Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden."   Grantland Rice, New York Herald Tribune, October 18th, 1924. 

Notre Dame wins at Army, 13 - 7, Oct. 18, 1924

Notre Dame undefeated 1924
Coach: Knute Rockne