Main Menu

Hurricane Irma

Started by steve58, September 06, 2017, 10:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bbmike

^Well, if privatization of the FAA was stuck to that bill I can't really blame them.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

em2nought

Quote from: ghostryder on September 19, 2017, 09:55:37 PM

I'm in beverly hills- just south of crystal River--these are small...very small towns spread out 10 to 15 miles a part-- maybe a grocery store and a gas station in each---The largest town would be Ocala--even that is kinda small but they do have a footlocker so you can buy a decent pair of shoes-- that's a 30 mile run.

So it hasn't changed in the thirty-five years since I lived in Homosassa then?  There was a little hobby shop in Inverness, with a shoe store nearby where one could buy Brooks running shoes at least back then.  The middle of the state below Orlando is still also much the same.  I'm planning on purchasing a dozen or so five gallon fuel cans for next time. ;)
Stolen elections have consequences.

Sir Slash

No, nothing's changed except that you can't say, "Homosassa" anymore. It's, "Nonjudgmental Lifestyle Choices-sassa" now. Also, "Kississimee" is now sexual harassment.  :-"
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

Hurricane Martha update

http://www.scarymommy.com/bethenny-frankel-puerto-rico-relief/

next year we're just going to do a consolidate "hurricane season" thread
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

Lets hope next year we don't need it.  :-X
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

ghostryder

Quote from: Hentzau on September 26, 2017, 05:19:32 PM
Quote from: ghostryder on September 19, 2017, 09:55:37 PM

I'm in beverly hills- just south of crystal River--these are small...very small towns spread out 10 to 15 miles a part-- maybe a grocery store and a gas station in each---The largest town would be Ocala--even that is kinda small but they do have a footlocker so you can buy a decent pair of shoes-- that's a 30 mile run.

So it hasn't changed in the thirty-five years since I lived in Homosassa then?  There was a little hobby shop in Inverness, with a shoe store nearby where one could buy Brooks running shoes at least back then.  The middle of the state below Orlando is still also much the same.  I'm planning on purchasing a dozen or so five gallon fuel cans for next time. ;)

Not sure if it's still there. Inverness isn't too far - about 10-15 mile. I generally buy New balance shoes- found some in Ocala- along with a great philly cheese steak- so all is well now. I can buy most things online but shoes fitting right is too risky--almost have to try those on.