Alea Jacta Est MD, Tuna, W8taminute threeway

Started by W8taminute, July 08, 2017, 12:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

I suspect, though I can't be sure, that I'll be able to get a turn in today. If not today, then Friday (tomorrow) for sure. Things will have calmed down by the weekend one way or another, and I should be back to a turn a day soon.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

W8taminute

And another turn played!

Rome is still under siege but Metapontum and Spoleitum have fallen.  (Both in Italia)

Meanwhile the barbaric Lusitanians in Hispania continue to give me trouble although I did manage to drive them away from their siege of Toletum. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JasonPratt

I'm thinking of ending the game due to the continuing weirdness in my game loads. I don't know if it's because I don't zip my orders file, and so my orders are getting corrupted, or if it's because I took over from MD's position and the game is freaking out about that. But to give the latest example: I order a general with one legion and some support to go help Thessalonica, which will take him a couple of turns to reach. Next turn, Thessalonica falls -- which is fine -- but not before my general got there. No, he passed Thess and moved right around the ocean rim several provinces beyond it, with orders to continue on to Byzantium! Also, he only has one legion now, no support. I might buy that he lost them in transit somehow, but he shouldn't have warped that far to begin with: perhaps the chaos demons got his auxilliaries, or they fell off the disc he was using to Skim between points. {/WoT ref}

It's migraine inducing, and not even very fair to the other players either, since my generals (with or without armies) might pop up randomly in their hinterlands (mostly Tuna's) to threaten random troops.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

W8taminute

Yeah those are some strange problems.  No worries on 86ing this game.  We can always find another one to pickup!   :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JasonPratt

We could do a forum COIN game if we found a fourth.  O:-)

JasonPratt

Alternately, we could try starting fresh on AJE, this time with a shorter 3-player scenario (like year of the 4 or 5 emperors, whatever that was  :)) ), and see if the weird problems continue.

airboy

Although this game was a bust, ALEA JACTA EST is on sale for $10 and the expansions are 50% off currently at matrix/slitherine.