Decades Feeder Bracket Winners

Started by MetalDog, June 14, 2017, 08:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Whether or not anyone agrees with some of the choices made throughout this large and lengthy process, you've done fine work, MD!  O0

Steelgrave

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

trailrunner

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

MetalDog

Tribbles?

Thanks guys.  Been my pleasure :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tuna

Quote from: MetalDog on January 13, 2018, 11:02:11 PM
Tribbles?

Thanks guys.  Been my pleasure :)

Yep, lots of fun MD, thanks!

Emeraldlis

^ I'm in complete agreement with the fellas!!!!! You've done a sterling job with this musical romp through the decades  O0 Thanks MD  ;)

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

MetalDog

You are all entirely too kind.  Good to see that there were so many music lovers to come along on this journey.  Super glad you did  :bd:

Tuna

Quote from: MetalDog on January 15, 2018, 07:49:32 PM
You are all entirely too kind.  Good to see that there were so many music lovers to come along on this journey.  Super glad you did  :bd:

So I thought 'these songs' were going to be in the one that is going on right now.. Much better songs in here!

MetalDog

Not sure why it hadn't occurred to me earlier, but, I started hyperlinking the winners of each year's Bracket to the Round of 16 Bracket for that year.  Kind of give you a refresher on what each song had to overcome to win that year.  It's gonna take a minute, so, I'll be doing that over the next few days.  Hope you find it helpful :)

MetalDog

So.  46 weeks after I started this, we have finally filled the Decades Brackets to a field of 64.  I have immensely enjoyed doing these.  The research.  Rediscovering old songs and finding some new ones.  The sense of accomplishment for setting a goal and achieving it.  Mostly I've enjoyed it because of those of you who participated.  Whether you voted once or in every poll, I appreciate you and the time you put in to enjoy this with me.  Couldn't have done it with out you.  Thank you.

Now the moment we have all been working towards...the Decades Brackets!!  I know, I know.  Not the fanciest of names, but, that's what I've gone with up until now.  So it's finally time to get these things going.  The goal has always been to crown the champ on the Monday night finale between the last two NCAA men's basketball teams.  To make the calendar work, and reveal the Champ around the time they are cutting down the nets, I will have to change the rollout of each Bracket from Sunday to Wednesday.  So starting tomorrow, the first Decade Bracket to be resolved will be the 60s.

A quick word on the format.  Anyone familiar with the NCAA Tournament brackets knows that the teams are divided by region, East, South, Midwest, and West.  The Final 4 holds the winners of each Region with the East winner facing the South and the Midwest facing the West.  For our tournament, the Final 4 will be the 60s versus the 70s and the 80s versus the 90s.

Now that it's here, I'm excited to see what we come up with!  Can't wait!!! 

Tuna

It was a lot of fun! Thanks for your efforts!  <:-)

Barthheart

Agreed, it's been a blast seeing everyone's musical tastes. Well done so far.

Can't wait to see the final winner.... I'm guessing it will be a large "age" indicator of your listeners/voters.