The "Holy %$%# It's Hot Out There" Summer 2017 Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, June 12, 2017, 01:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on June 13, 2017, 07:26:15 AM
How about 84 at 8am?

Also stupid.

I think the overnight low was 71. Back up to 79 already.

I'm ready for winter.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

it's 62° again in the downstairs at my parents' place.  Had to put socks on again to keep my feet from freezing.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 13, 2017, 07:57:47 AM
it's 62° again in the downstairs at my parents' place.  Had to put socks on again to keep my feet from freezing.

you need Uggs
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on June 13, 2017, 07:59:00 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 13, 2017, 07:57:47 AM

you need Uggs

I prefer to hang onto my Man Card
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Toonces

Wear 'em during the day, drink scotch out of them at night.  That's how me and Tom Brady do it!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JasonPratt

Quote from: Bison on June 12, 2017, 10:07:58 PM
I generally find that any weather is perfect napping weather.

In my case, that's "any change in the weather". Has the sun come out? Time to nap. Is it starting to rain? Time to nap. Is it getting cold? Time to nap. Tornadoes on the way? Time to nap (maybe I can sleep through it).

I like to joke that this is because I was partially raised by cats. Which also explains a number of other quirky habits.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

Quote from: Toonces on June 13, 2017, 08:21:01 AM
Wear 'em during the day, drink scotch out of them at night.  That's how me and Tom Brady do it!

I thought Tom drank his Scotch out of Gisele.  The closest us mere mortals can come to that is drinking from Uggs. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Sir Slash

I thought Tom was Gisele's Ugg.  If not, I volunteer.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

trailrunner

Official high temperature at Dulles today was 91F, and the humidity was up there.

For father's day, I shot some sporting clays with my daughters, then we met my my wife for a picnic at a winery.  Two hours of walking around and shooting left me pretty sweaty, and another two hours outside at the picnic was more of the same, but at least we had a little bit of shade for that.  Other than the heat, it was a great way to spend a day with my family.

bayonetbrant

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

It's been closing on 120 F for the last few days.