Thor: Ragnarok

Started by Martok, April 10, 2017, 10:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Oh hells yeah!  I'm so pumped for this!! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

OJsDad

That was so fraking hilarious.  "He's a friend from work!"     

Can't wait for O to get home so I can show this to her.

The people at DC have to be crapping their pants over that trailer.

<:-) :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

airboy

Can any trailer with the Immigrant Song as the background be bad?

mirth

Quote from: airboy on April 10, 2017, 10:51:51 AM

I don't think so.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Sir Slash

Sorry. Got to go get my seat at the theater RIGHT NOW!!!!
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

I somehow didn't know that Jeff Goldblum would be playing the Grandmaster.

Looks like they're going to simplify the cosmology a bit by having the Grandmaster and the Collector be from the same species. (Also, the Grandmaster wasn't in charge of the arena in the Planet Hulk storyline, but that's fine, I appreciate the conflation.  O0 )

Evidently JG would tell people on set, when they asked him what the movie was about, "What movie? I dress like this all the time!"
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

That trailer is fokeen badass.

:bd:

Staggerwing

Quote from: mirth on April 10, 2017, 11:00:58 AM
Quote from: airboy on April 10, 2017, 10:51:51 AM

I don't think so.

Marvel does have a way with trailers and 70's rock.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JasonPratt

Quote from: Nefaro on April 10, 2017, 04:38:16 PM
That trailer is fokeen badass.

:bd:

I've heard for a while that this movie will feature the largest grand finale in the MCU films up to now. In comics, the Ragnarok storyline ended with a massive fight against Sutur; what I've been hearing is that Odin will finally step up to the plate for a (perhaps fatal) fight against Thanos.

There's an interesting "Celestial" nod in the trailer, too -- someone dressed exactly like one of them is sitting at a bar on Skarro with the Valkyrie -- which has ties to the Infinity Stone plot. For that matter, so does the Grandmaster, although his stone in the comics (the Mind Stone) is currently embedded in the head of the Vision. (Thanos already had it, gave it to Loki for the scepter, and so on from there.)

I'm also wondering if the "Valkyrie" character will end up taking the place of the Hulk's freed gladiator wife from Planet Hulk. Valk (a much blonder version) was originally introduced in the Hulk comics, and teamed up on the Defenders with him occasionally. That would be an interesting way to blend two quite different story streams.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

mirth

I'm expecting a Guardians tie-in, leading up to the Infinity Wars movies.

Sir Slash

Yeah, Thor will pick-up Groot and beat the hell outta Hulk with him. Oh, wait. He's still a baby Groot. Well, maybe he'll stick him in the eye with him instead.  :2funny:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Tpek

Oh come on...
How did Hela destroy Mjolnir, it's indestructible.

JasonPratt

^ To be fair, that's taken from the comics.

JasonPratt

Quote from: mirth on April 10, 2017, 06:26:03 PM
I'm expecting a Guardians tie-in, leading up to the Infinity Wars movies.

James Gunn has already hinted at a tie-in. For that matter, the first Guardians tie-in (directed by Gunn himself) was an after-credit to Thor 2.