2017 Running Football Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, March 06, 2017, 01:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

CptHowdy

Quote from: OJsDad on December 17, 2017, 02:57:21 PM
Lewis is leaving Cincy at the end of the season.  I appreciate all that he's done to make them a respectable team again, but he's taken them as far as he can.  Good luck to him on his future endeavors.

f they had only hired coughlin way back then  :-[

marv stuck around 7-8 years to long. could never get the team to win the big game during the season and most glaringly during the playoffs. sadly the brown family wont pay a big time coach to get this team back on track

OJsDad

Quote from: mirth on December 17, 2017, 03:03:33 PM
Cincy is respectable?

Thirteen losing seasons before Lewis.  So yes, compared to where they were. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

just saw this picture

saw the highlights of the game, but hadn't seen this specific picture until today

https://twitter.com/BWipp/status/940043241516285952
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Steelgrave

Lewis is leaving Cincy at the end of the season.  I appreciate all that he's done to make them a respectable team again, but he's taken them as far as he can.  Good luck to him on his future endeavors.

I am gobsmacked that Hue Jackson is being talked about as a successor.

mirth

Quote from: Steelgrave on December 21, 2017, 08:38:17 PM

That's cool. He needed something now that he's done with the Xmen movies.

Steelgrave

Be hard to top the last one anyway. And he's dead, so there is that.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Steelgrave on December 21, 2017, 08:38:17 PM

it's not like Hue can't coach.  I seriously wonder if Bellicheck could coach that roster
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

Hue has mishandled DeShone Kizer all year and killed the kid's confidence. Even Jeff Fisher might have done better. Hell, 7-9, Fisher's usual, would be a remarkable year for the Browns. And speaking of Fisher (say his name three times and he will appear), Mike Florio on ProFootballTalk.com quipped that if you wanted to add viewership to an otherwise unmemorable game, the loser of Bears vs. Bengals should be forced to hire Fisher as their next Head Coach   :2funny:

MetalDog

I liked Fisher in Nashville.  I really thought he was going to be consistently good there.  Then it was a series of mediocre to poor results and out he went.  What really puts a fine point on it for me is the difference in the Rams from last year to this year.  With basically the same skill players, McVay has produced a juggernaut.  And they are fun to watch.  And I hate the Rams.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Steelgrave

Fisher walks and talks like a coach, but he's parlayed one Super Bowl run into two decades of mediocrity. He's a smoother talking John Fox. It's not just the Rams, I read a comparison of the last four QB's who have started for him and are still playing. Each had banner years after Fisher left.

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

OJsDad

Great finish to the Army - SDSU bowl game.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.