Main Menu

Xbox one

Started by Emeraldlis, December 14, 2016, 01:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emeraldlis

So we have an Xbox one console in our house , it was a recent acquisition ( Saturday , haha ) we've got three games so far ;

Forza horizon three
Lego the hobbit
Star Wars battlefield

I'm addicted to all three ALREADY  ::) I'm well impressed with Lego hobbit , wasn't expecting much , but am genuinely blown away with graphics , gameplay and story !
But I'm just wondering what you guys are playing if you own Xbox 1 , and what you're enjoying . I'm going into GameStop again at the weekend and I'm feeling overwhelmed with all the games out there . So in your guys opinion what should I avoid or buy  O0
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

mirth

If you're into RPGs, Witcher 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition are both excellent.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JudgeDredd

F1 2016 if you like racing games. It apparently plays well with a controller.
Alba gu' brath

Emeraldlis

Quote from: mirth on December 14, 2016, 01:10:45 PM
If you're into RPGs, Witcher 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition are both excellent.

Dragon age appeals .....

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 14, 2016, 01:14:19 PM
F1 2016 if you like racing games. It apparently plays well with a controller.

I wanted another driving game , because I'm finding that in forza the steering is hard to get down , it over steers EVERYTHING ......either that or I'm a terrible console driver , it's very possible ! I wonder if anyone else has this problem with that game ? Gorgeous graphics driving round Aussie though :)   I also love buying and creating my own cars , it's very cool  8) then crashing them into every available tree whilst trying to keep on the road  ;D

I just ordered another console off eBay as well , copper shadow , couldn't resist  ^-^

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

bayonetbrant

Bayonet JR is addicted to Destiny

I've been impressed with the vast array of things you can do in that game, with multiplayer missions, side-events (like the Sparrow Racing), solo campaign, and multi-player sandbox games.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Emeraldlis

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 14, 2016, 01:33:16 PM
Bayonet JR is addicted to Destiny

I've been impressed with the vast array of things you can do in that game, with multiplayer missions, side-events (like the Sparrow Racing), solo campaign, and multi-player sandbox games.

Yeah I saw destiny as a bundle and wondered about it . But do you have to be online to play that ? I saw something on the packet about needing Xbox live , the problem for me is that I can't get an internet provider to give me unlimited data ....or find my house , ugh  :pullhair:  but it sounds like an awesome game , the sparrow racing sounds fun .

bayonetbrant

Need to get online for multiplayer, but not otherwise
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Jarhead0331

For me the XBOX is all about Halo. The Master Chief Collection is a must buy, as is Halo 5. The games are loaded with content and I just love the story, belligerents, weapons and vehicles.

Other than that, I can't say there is anything I play that is exclusive to the console, other than some older 360 games, such as Red Dead Redemption. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mirth

Red Dead Redemption is a great game and was given Xbox One compatibility earlier this year.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Emeraldlis

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 14, 2016, 06:44:50 PM
Need to get online for multiplayer, but not otherwise

That's good to know thanks , and the fact that your son enjoys it so much makes me think that my daughter could get into this game as well .

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 15, 2016, 11:10:34 AM
For me the XBOX is all about Halo. The Master Chief Collection is a must buy, as is Halo 5. The games are loaded with content and I just love the story, belligerents, weapons and vehicles.

Other than that, I can't say there is anything I play that is exclusive to the console, other than some older 360 games, such as Red Dead Redemption. 

I'll read up on halo reviews and see what I think :)   thanks for putting that suggestion my way because getting personal recommendations is a whole lot better than blowing 50....60....70 quid on a game and then just hating it !!

Quote from: mirth on December 15, 2016, 11:13:00 AM
Red Dead Redemption is a great game and was given Xbox One compatibility earlier this year.

I was mistakenly told that all 360 games are compatible with Xbox one , and I picked up a 360 game in CEX , which is a cash exchange shop and has a lot of choice with games , but when I got it home it wouldn't play , and also the guy on the checkout was a little distracted and mistakenly put a 360 disc in my Xbox one cover ....suffice it to say neither one played on my console !!, which was an hour round trip of taking both games back !! NOT happy !  :(

mirth

Not all 360 games are compatible but it is a substantial, and growing, list

https://majornelson.com/blog/xbox-one-backward-compatibility/

Emeraldlis

Quote from: mirth on December 15, 2016, 12:34:46 PM
Not all 360 games are compatible but it is a substantial, and growing, list

https://majornelson.com/blog/xbox-one-backward-compatibility/

That's a very handy list to have , thanks for posting it  :bd: seeing sonic the hedgehog on their  takes me back to my sega glory days ......ahhhhhhh ! I was hoping to see Simpsons hit and run on that list too , but it's not there . I played the heck out of that on the old console and loved it . I never cracked the ending though .....it still haunts me !!!! LOL

Emeraldlis

Got destiny today  :) halo and f1 2016 are on my "next in line to buy " list . Thanks for all the suggestions guys  O0

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Emeraldlis on December 17, 2016, 04:50:52 PM
Got destiny today  :) halo and f1 2016 are on my "next in line to buy " list . Thanks for all the suggestions guys  O0

Destiny is from the same studio that makes the Halo series, Bungie. They are very similar in terms of look and story. However, Destiny is much more geared toward a multi-player and co-operative experience, whereas Halo has a much more fully featured and lengthy single player campaign. That being said, Halo has also developed an extremely robust multi-player suite of options. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Emeraldlis

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 18, 2016, 10:33:41 AM
Quote from: Emeraldlis on December 17, 2016, 04:50:52 PM

Destiny is from the same studio that makes the Halo series, Bungie. They are very similar in terms of look and story. However, Destiny is much more geared toward a multi-player and co-operative experience, whereas Halo has a much more fully featured and lengthy single player campaign. That being said, Halo has also developed an extremely robust multi-player suite of options. 

Hi jarhead :)  that's cool info thanks ! Both options aren't a problem for me , multi player or single , I game with my daughter mostly . Is it true that I need to be online to play halo ? I had halo in my hand at the store .......and I was umming and ahhhing , about whether it was playable off line , I should have asked in the store , but I was in a rush to go somewhere else !!! So I put it down and didn't buy it , now I'm just annoyed !!!! Lol .