Old School Tactical Vol 2 up on Kickstarter

Started by Barthheart, July 27, 2016, 12:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

panzerde

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

nht

Waiting on some things to fall into place, but I think I'll be backing this soon. Really interested to find out what the historical map is going to be.

Richie61

Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

Staggerwing

Yeah, I'm tempted as well but I have not even had a chance to play around with OSTv.1 yet!  :))
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Barthheart

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 28, 2016, 05:57:48 AM
Yeah, I'm tempted as well but I have not even had a chance to play around with OSTv.1 yet!  :))

It's great! Just Do it!  :D

Richie61

Quote from: Barthheart on July 28, 2016, 06:16:48 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on July 28, 2016, 05:57:48 AM

It's great! Just Do it!  :D

Hell yeah!!!  :D
Ed
aka Richie61

Jamm

The historical map hasn't been designed yet and we're looking for suggestions.  So if you have ideas, let me know.  And if you have any aerial photo links, even better 😊
When the going gets weird
the weird turn pro

Richie61

Battle of Carentan  :) OST II needs it  :D
Ed
aka Richie61

Staggerwing

Quote from: Richie61 on July 28, 2016, 08:54:49 PM
Battle of Carentan  :) OST II needs it  :D

Here's a nice overhead shot to help:

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

panzerde

+1 Gonna have to agree that Carentan would be a good one. It has all the things: a nice mix of terrain including urban, airborne, armor, multiple engagements between different forces...it's a great choice!

bayonetbrant

Quote from: panzerde on July 28, 2016, 09:32:55 PMa nice mix of terrain including urban, airborne

what exactly is "airborne terrain"?

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

panzerde

Another Carentan photo, showing the airborne terrain. German armor was particularly prone to diving off of these floating islands and swooping down on US positions. Examples of this can be seen in Band of Brothers.

Now, can someone root around in that last post of mine and help me find that semicolon I dropped?

Richie61

Ed
aka Richie61