Author Topic: New Star Trek RPG on the way  (Read 2720 times)

Offline Nefaro

• Arquebusier
Re: New Star Trek RPG on the way
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2017, 12:45:54 PM »
A look at the hardback print:

Looks pretty.

I'm not a huge ST game fan, outside of the ship combat or grand strategy focused stuff.  Well.. I'd still probably volunteer to play it over the same 'ole D&D themed ones.  But with so many sci-fi RPGs out there, doubt I will pick this up.  Not a knock against it, other than the aforementioned oversimplification of the 2d20 system in this title.  Just comes down to theme, and 'crunch' to a lesser extent.  I'll probably pick up their other recent sci-fi release, Coriolis, before this one (as an example).

Offline bbmike

• Landsknecht
    • AAR Central
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2017, 12:51:11 PM »
Can't wait for it to arrive with the dice.  O0
I also have to say that the PDF looks great on my iPad.  :)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

Offline Nefaro

• Arquebusier
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2017, 12:57:00 PM »
Can't wait for it to arrive with the dice.  O0
I also have to say that the PDF looks great on my iPad.  :)

I recently received a couple Hit Location Dice (for MC3 & Conan) from Modiphius. 

I expected the white paint, or the symbol etchings, to be minutely flawed in some way.  Since it's a specialty die.  Nope.  They're impeccable.

If all their dice are this quality, I may have to get some of the others in the future.

Offline Nefaro

• Arquebusier
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2017, 01:46:22 PM »
Modiphius just put out a series of very short videos on how to play the Star Trek 2d20 system..