New Star Trek RPG on the way

Started by bbmike, July 26, 2016, 07:02:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

Also ask him if he's ready to run our Play by Forum game!  :dreamer:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Dammit Carl!

bbmike

I glanced at the documents and was confused like usual. I'll have to spend some more quality time with them later.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Dammit Carl!

...and signed up for the Lexington playtest!  TOS or bust!

bbmike

Looks like pre-orders for this start in a couple of weeks. I'm still not 100% sold on the game yet. I have signed up to play it at Origins so more thoughts to come.

Of course, I will buy it and all of the accessories. I mean, it is Star Trek. And just take a look at that Worf mini!

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on May 24, 2017, 06:23:25 AM
Looks like pre-orders for this start in a couple of weeks. I'm still not 100% sold on the game yet. I have signed up to play it at Origins so more thoughts to come.

Of course, I will buy it and all of the accessories. I mean, it is Star Trek. And just take a look at that Worf mini!

They're beginning shipping of the Conan core book this week, and are supposed to have them all shipped before two more.  So I imagine efforts will begin switching over to filling out the Star Trek line after that.

If you're concerned about Modiphius shirking on the amount of content, I don't think you have much to worry about.  After seeing how packed full of stuff their previous 2d20 system core books are, and the huge amount of densely packed 'splat' books they create alongside, I'm sure they'll cover an immense amount of the setting.  I'm impressed with the amount of writing done for Mutant Chronicles 3rd, and a similar quantity being done for the Conan line, too.  8)

The 2d20 system is also pretty cool.  I'm curious as to how it will be adapted to Star Trek, but it should fit pretty well.  Especially considering it already has implementations for crewing different positions on vehicles/starships, as one notable facet.

bbmike

This should probably be in the WANT! thread but here goes:

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Crazy Girl

I'm I suppose to feel overwhelmed? That's how I feel right now.
I'm not smart enough for that. I'm just like, wow! Intense.

Nefaro

They're not messing around!   :o

Dammit Carl!

Mother of God...it's beautiful!   :dreamer:

bbmike

The pre-order is live! The prices seem way to high to me. I did order the core rules, dice and GM screen though.  :D
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Bison

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

Quote from: mirth on June 08, 2017, 08:51:24 AM
Quote from: Bison on June 08, 2017, 08:47:58 AM
What?  No minis?

Those ain't cheap either.

Yep, that's exactly why I didn't get them. It was hard enough to bring myself to order the GM screen.
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak