Author Topic: Running thread: Quality Long-form Journalism  (Read 12063 times)

Offline bayonetbrant

• Chief Arrogance Mitigator
  • Administrator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline Toonces

• Longbowman
  • Yvan eht nioj!
Re: Running thread: Quality Long-form Journalism
« Reply #317 on: October 09, 2017, 08:44:13 AM »
^ That's some tough livin'.  I mean, Milwaulkie's Best?   #:-)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

"Maybe the slightly sullen look is blaming you for making her feel dirty, wanting to be hot. Yes, it's your fault." - Biggs (again)

"That's what you get when you are getting older and less sober as I am." - SirAndrewD

Offline mirth

• Little Bo Beep
  • Musketeer
  • Cardboard Harlot
« Reply #318 on: October 09, 2017, 08:48:14 AM »
^ That's some tough livin'.  I mean, Milwaulkie's Best?   #:-)

Is that for when they can't afford Milwaulkee's Best
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Offline Toonces

• Longbowman
  • Yvan eht nioj!
« Reply #319 on: October 09, 2017, 12:23:43 PM »
I knew it didn't look right, but autocorrect didn't catch it for some reason.   ::)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

"Maybe the slightly sullen look is blaming you for making her feel dirty, wanting to be hot. Yes, it's your fault." - Biggs (again)

"That's what you get when you are getting older and less sober as I am." - SirAndrewD

Offline bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
« Reply #320 on: October 09, 2017, 12:27:07 PM »
I knew it didn't look right, but autocorrect didn't catch it for some reason.   ::)

sometimes spellcheck doesn't go for capitalized words, figuring names are all over the place

Offline mirth

• Little Bo Beep
  • Musketeer
  • Cardboard Harlot
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Offline mirth

• Little Bo Beep
  • Musketeer
  • Cardboard Harlot

Offline bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
« Reply #323 on: October 12, 2017, 06:56:24 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/12/us/south-carolina-jail-no-lawyer.html

Having lived in South Carolina for almost five years, and still having friends in the law enforcement Community there, it is no surprise at all to me that it is generally a disaster once someone enters the system

Offline bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
« Reply #324 on: October 15, 2017, 08:50:57 PM »
not truly journalism, but still a good read

https://ofteninspired.com/pawn-gun

Offline mirth

• Little Bo Beep
  • Musketeer
  • Cardboard Harlot

Offline bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent

Offline bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent

Offline mirth

• Little Bo Beep
  • Musketeer
  • Cardboard Harlot
« Reply #328 on: October 16, 2017, 10:37:09 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/10/technology/kaspersky-lab-israel-russia-hacking.html

read that the other day. Hope people figure out that using Russian AV software might not be a great plan.

Offline mirth

• Little Bo Beep
  • Musketeer
  • Cardboard Harlot