WiTP:AE Beginner's Game

Started by KyzBP, May 09, 2015, 11:34:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyzBP

Are there any relaxed, slightly judgmental Japanese players looking for a almost beginner level Allied opponent?  I just recently brushed the dust off of this and would like to play against a human (sub or semi ok).  I can average about a turn a day, more on the weekend.  I am currently using the vanilla version but would be willing to mod. I've previously played exactly ONE PBEM game using WiTP so I have a tiny bit of experience with PBEMs .  If you're interested post here or PM me if you don't want you're friends to know you're a WiTP:AE beginner.

Thanks,
Erick

jomni

Staggerwing

Quote from: jomni on May 21, 2015, 06:22:39 PM
Full campaign?

So you guys should be finishing up turn 6 right about the time the rest of us are watching the sat-link to the first wave of settlers making orbit around Mars and preparing for planetfall, no?  :P
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

KyzBP

Full campaign?

Jomni

I had pretty much given up hope of find a Grog to play.  I'd like to do the full campaign but I may be convinced to do something else.  I'm pretty open to whatever house rules you see fit.  So if you're up to it let me know.  :)

KyzBP

Quote from: Staggerwing on May 21, 2015, 08:57:00 PM
Full campaign?

So you guys should be finishing up turn 6 right about the time the rest of us are watching the sat-link to the first wave of settlers making orbit around Mars and preparing for planetfall, no?  :P

I'd say that pretty much sums it up.

jomni

Quote from: KyzBP on May 22, 2015, 11:43:04 AM
Full campaign?

I don't know.  I'm just scared to jump in.

KyzBP

Quote from: jomni on June 06, 2015, 01:35:40 AM
Quote from: KyzBP on May 22, 2015, 11:43:04 AM
Full campaign?

I don't know.  I'm just scared to jump in.

It could lead to a fun AAR of how not to play this game...from both sides. ;)

undercovergeek

I'm severely tempted - if need to see if I can find my old download links from matrix

KyzBP

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 06, 2015, 08:11:36 AM
I'm severely tempted - if need to see if I can find my old download links from matrix

Give in to temptation.  It's the foundation for all good decisions. ;)

undercovergeek

Give me a day to check I can get to the download page - if the links are still there you're on, grand campaign it is

KyzBP

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 06, 2015, 09:42:05 AM
Give me a day to check I can get to the download page - if the links are still there you're on, grand campaign it is

O0

If you do find it, do you have a side preference?

undercovergeek

I'm easy - were you not looking for a Japanese opponent? I'm happy either way

KyzBP

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 06, 2015, 10:16:30 AM
I'm easy - were you not looking for a Japanese opponent? I'm happy either way

I was/am but they seem harder to find.  I'd prefer to be the Allies but would be willing to give the Japs a go.  I'll let you pick, I'll be terrible either way.

undercovergeek

Lol I'll be the japanese then

KyzBP

Sounds good!  I have no idea about house rules other than the Allied player can't mess with CAP levels on the first turn.  If you know of some let me know.