Main Menu

HA! I finished it!

Started by MetalDog, February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

I finished "The Quest."  It was OK.  I probably spent too much time restarting and power gaming it when it was not necessary.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Finally finished Divinity: Original Sin.

Steam said I played 84 hours.  It felt longer.

Good game.  A lot tougher than most RPGs in that it requires you to think and solve puzzles on your own.  There isn't nearly as much hand holding, magic map pointers, and convenient NPC dialogue to nudge you in the right direction. 

Like most long RPGs, the ending bit was a slog that felt way too drawn out but I finished it.  Not sure what to tackle now but I'm thinking something more simmish.  Maybe it's time to get back into CMANO.

BanzaiCat

I'm having trouble with Divinity. I think I've cleared out all of Cyseal except for the damned Rex character in the church. I can't beat him - he keeps casting a fire attack that kills half my party, even WITH fire resistance.

I'm thinking I'm not high enough level (9 or 10, can't recall offhand), but I sure as heck can't find any more things to do other than attack him.

Sir Slash

I looked hard at this game awhile back. How much like Baldur's Gate is it and have either of you checked out Divinity2?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

I'd tried Divinity: Original Sin (enhanced edition) and the Classic edition both, more than a few times, but the story didn't intrigue me fully. I finally decided recently to try powering through the first part and managed to do fairly well. It can be frustrating but there are story elements that are enjoyable. The real second-guesser is trying to decide which two main characters you want to go with (i.e. what class you want them to be - fighter, cleric, etc. - there's a LOT of choices).

The RPG elements are pretty solid. I like how the two main characters can occasionally have dialog triggered where you can choose one side or the other. The two main characters don't necessarily have to agree. Depending on your choices, your characters will be enhanced slightly afterwards. I like that mechanic.

Glad SDR has 84 hours. I only have 18 so I imagine there HAS to be more than just this Rex character. I even put the game on a lower difficulty and he still blasts my party into atoms. ;D

Tuna

Finally beat the last mission on Bomber Crew after many tries!, What a bugger it is, found the best thing to do was to loiter the target and try and shoot down as many planes first before trying to bomb. Cheap game for some good fun. .Makes you curse a lot though!

Flying back after the mission

End Screens

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: BanzaiCat on November 13, 2017, 07:21:23 PM
I'm having trouble with Divinity. I think I've cleared out all of Cyseal except for the damned Rex character in the church. I can't beat him - he keeps casting a fire attack that kills half my party, even WITH fire resistance.

I'm thinking I'm not high enough level (9 or 10, can't recall offhand), but I sure as heck can't find any more things to do other than attack him.

Keep everyone back behind the main doors and just send in a thief type with stealth to draw the enemy in towards you.  Gets some rain happening and get some water on the ground with freeze arrows or other method.  Make sure to summon some expendables like elementals or whatnot to act as speedbumps.  Take down Rex's support buddies and then he should fall pretty easily.  Make sure to examine him to see exactly what his weaknesses are (I seem to recall him being vulnerable to shock attacks).  Get your archer to hit him with some silver arrows to lower his defences and then try to shock him and then start pummeling.

Sir Slash

Congrats on the win Tuna! Way to show those big-head Germans they shouldn't start world wars.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yeah, good job.  I am on the 2nd to last mission but those jets (STFU Jason) are murder.

Tuna

Before I take off, I bring a ton of ammo up to the bombardier's compartment.. always have the belt-fed in the rear.

Sir Slash

OK. I'll bite. Why does the belt have to be fed in the rear? Does he have trouble swallowing?  :DD

Anguille

Completed another scientific victory in Master of Orion: Conquer the Stars...

jomni

Just finished another one in Vietnam 65.  Just normal difficulty. So far I tend to lose half of the time. 
Loss usually due to not killing enough commies to get the "funds" coming in.

airboy

Quote from: jomni on November 20, 2017, 01:43:09 AM
Just finished another one in Vietnam 65.  Just normal difficulty. So far I tend to lose half of the time. 

Another game I own and have never played.  How well has this held up over replays?

jomni

Quote from: airboy on November 20, 2017, 10:52:59 AM
Quote from: jomni on November 20, 2017, 01:43:09 AM

Another game I own and have never played.  How well has this held up over replays?

Well the setup is very random so its definitely repayable.  Lots of setup options too.