Main Menu

Robin Williams

Started by Labbug, August 11, 2014, 06:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

LongBlade

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 16, 2014, 10:12:34 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 16, 2014, 08:22:44 PM
And only communists and satan worshipers don't like Michael Jackson. Which are ya'll?

Wichever one knows the proper place for the apostrophe in "y'all"
;)

He's from Texas and moved to NYC. What can you say?

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

oddly that record label and almost all of its talent moved from Chicago to Texas in the early 90's.
kinda pissed me off as I moved to Chicago a few months after.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

BanzaiCat

GDS_Starfury

thread derailment level : Expert   :coolsmiley:

BanzaiCat

OK...

Here's a back-on-track vid...

Robin Williams talking about bewbays.

LongBlade

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on August 16, 2014, 11:27:42 PM
OK...

Thank you. I was just about to put this thread back on track by turning to this subject.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on August 16, 2014, 11:27:42 PM
OK...

"...looked like Kilroy!"

HAHAHA!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 16, 2014, 10:26:53 PMhow bout' the proper place for an h?  ???

You got me :)
Trying to type on a tablet.  I hate those things.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/blizzard-world-warcraft-robin-williams,27466.html

On Thursday, Activision Blizzard held a special event in Los Angeles to announce the launch date for World of Warcraft's fifth expansion pack, Warlords of Draemor. During this event, lead game designer Ion Hazzikostas told the local press that the team has plans to create a character that will be dedicated to the late Robin Williams, who spent many hours in the virtual world of Azeroth.

"We haven't decided, but it will most likely be a character inspired by him or some of his favorite roles of the past," Hazzikostas said.

Robin Williams was known to be a big gamer, enough so that he named his daughter after the famous Princess in Nintendo's Zelda games.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

The man just couldn't survive in todays world, even though we need him more today than ever before. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/robin-williams-mork-and-mindy-costar-on-his-alleged-sexual-antics-on-set-i-never-took-offense/ar-BBKvfti?ocid=spartanntp

A People article

QuoteRobin Williams' Mork & Mindy costar Pam Dawber is opening up about her complicated on-set relationship with the late comedian.

In a new book about the actor's life titled Robin, the former actress, 66, said Williams was "such a nice person" who had a "gigantic heart," according to excerpts obtained by The Daily Mail.

"I really loved Robin and Robin really loved me. We just clicked," she reportedly said in the upcoming biography.

However, Dawber also opened up about Williams' alleged sexual behavior on the show, which helped skyrocket the actor to fame. "I had the grossest things done to me by him. And I never took offense," she reportedly said. "I mean I was flashed, humped, bumped, grabbed. I think he probably did it to a lot of people ... but it was so much fun."

Dawber added, "Somehow he had that magic. If you put it on paper you would be appalled. But somehow he had this guileless little thing that he would do – those sparkly eyes. He'd look at you, really playful, like a puppy, all of a sudden. And then he'd grab your t--- and then run away. And somehow he could get away with it. It was the Seventies, after all."

Mork & Mindy producer Howard Storm, who was also interviewed for the book, reportedly said, "He'd be doing a paragraph and in the middle of it he would just turn and grab her a-- . Or grab a breast. And we'd start again."

Storm allegedly added, "It was just Robin being Robin, and he thought it would be funny. He could get away with murder."

Garry Marshall, another producer, reportedly said that it was Williams' mission to embarrass Dawber on set: "He would take all his clothes off, he would be standing there totally naked and she was trying to act. His aim in life was to make Pam Dawber blush."

Williams took his own life at the age of 63 in 2014 after suffering from Lewy Body Disease, a type of dementia that affected his thinking, memory and movement control.

His wife, Susan Schneider Williams, opened up in a PEOPLE and ABC interview in March about the "quiet, intellectual" man she knew and loved — a far cry from the explosive personality often seen on screen.

"Robin was a quiet, intellectual man, sometimes playful. But primarily what moved him was the fact that he was an observational genius," she said. "And if you can imagine the energy that he would bring to the stage — no one can do that full-time. And I think the brilliance behind that impact of energy he would bring was because in his time off, he was someone who was contemplative and an observational genius."
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.