More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Steelgrave

Steelgrave

That's my kind of boar!

Barthheart

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Tpek

Quote from: Barthheart on June 26, 2018, 06:54:11 AM

Maybe it's because I'm not from an English speaking country, but the grammar and punctuation seems a bit off to me.

Isn't the Oxford Comma only applicable when listing 3 or more items? (I even googled it to make sure)

bayonetbrant

1, those who like the oxford comma
2, morons
3, pedants
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Tpek

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 26, 2018, 01:41:01 PM
1, those who like the oxford comma
2, morons
3, pedants

The Morons part refers to 1 of the 2 groups, and is not a group by itself.

bayonetbrant

because it's missing the comma

Tpek

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 26, 2018, 03:05:41 PM
because it's missing the comma

But that would still be problematic.
It can not properly refer to those that like the comma, as interjecting curse words in the middle of a sentence isn't proper English.
Maybe if it had been The morons, I would have accepted that, but simply saying Morons doesn't feel right.

mirth

I laughed and went on with my life.

bob48

Laugh? I thought I'd never start!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Barthheart

Trek, way to suck, the life, out, of a joke.  :P