Austriae est imperare orbi universo (EUIV Austria)

Started by Kushan, November 21, 2014, 03:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kushan

Part 15

The good part about that war other than beating France, again, is I now have enough provinces to integrate Hungary. Its going to take 10 diplomatic power a month for 5 years.

The new rebel mechanics at work. Before this would probably have been an easily handled stacks, now I get two 20+ regiment rebel armies. And I'm going to be attacking into hills/mountains. This is probably going to hurt.

Rebels in Verona fall rather painlessly, now for Brescia.

RNG likes me today. Brescia falls almost as easily. Having more discipline, morale, and a better general really paid off here.

My Alliance network. I wonder how much longer it can hold together with Prussias, Bohemias, and Polands competing objectives.

-3 diplomatic reputation for 10 years and +5 Prestige for integrating Hungary. Now I know how Putin feels.

Austria-Hungary in 1531.

Integrating Hungary brought my borders right next to the Ottomans. That's sure to lead to some conflicts in that direction. My greatest concern right now is a war with France and the Ottomans at the same time.

I think the hit I took diplomatic reputation is affecting some of the electors willingness to vote for me.

Your funny Salzburg.

Northern Europe is looking interesting. Denmark is gone, Norway is holding on by a thread. Novgorod is still around but lookslike Muscovy has made some inroads.

Not sure when I allied with Baden. With how the numbers look this war is not going to last long.

45 regiments to 20. I almost lose this fight because of bad dice rolls.

That is the only major battle of the war. After that its just a matter of siegeing all of their provinces.

The Palatinate gets hit really hard in the peace deal. Give up several provinces, annul treaties with Frankfurt and release Mainz.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Kushan

Part 16

From this point forward I am going to be upgrading the save to the El Dorado DLC. This may cause some bugs or break the save but I'm willing to risk it.

And the first thing that happens after starting is the coalition against me more or less falls apart. Ulm, Augsburg, Salzburg, and Mantua all leave. The coalition against me now consists solely of Bavaria.

No Bavaria I don't pose a threat to you at all.

I have some policing of the empire to do while I let me aggressive expansion and diplomatic reputation recover. First off is Ulm, allied with Bavaria.

Next up, Savoy who is allied to Venice.

First battle was looking a little too close but my reinforcements along with Burgundy sealed victory for me.

I decide to pursue and crush the remaining Savoy/Venetian army in Istria.

Things are slowly starting to escalate towards religious conflict in Europe.

May the old emperor rest in peace. My new leader (1-1-0) isn't anything like his father but my new heir (2-3-3) isn't horrible.

Good thing to come out of this is I inherit the throne of Burgundy. That means its lands now directly belong to me.

With no army left in the field the rest of the war is a cake walk. In the end Croatia and Milan are released as sovereign states.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat

Kushan

Part 17

I think I want to vassalize Champagne. Doing so will give me direct access between my provinces in the Netherlands and southern France. I also break my alliance with Munster.

Liege has taken over Alsace, who happens to be one of the HRE electors. Think this is a good time to go beat Liege down before they take over too much territory.

Since I vassalized their one ally, Liege stands alone against Spain, The Palatinate, Brandenburg, and me. After one minor battle and some sieges the war is over. Alsace and Luxembourg are freed from Liegen tyranny.

I have firm control over the HRE. I'm 10 points short of being able to pass the next reform. It will give me an additional 15% tax modifier and the member +1 diplomatic reputation.

And another emperor bites the dust. With the +10 imperial authority I get, plus some I got from forcing princes to convert religions, I have enough power to force the next reform.

Since my relations with France literally cannot get any worse, I choose to hurt them more rather than lose 50 diplomatic power.

Austrian heirs seem to have a lot of accidents.

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat

MetalDog

Your current ruler is a 2/3/3 and now the heir is 2/3/4.  Not terrible.  Oh, and you have a 100,000 man standing army and enough income to build all those Barracks and Training Fields.  I don't think I would be sweating it too, much ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Kushan

Think I am going to be wrapping this AAR up this week. I have enough images for a few more entries but that will be it. I feel that victory is a forgone conclusion and I really want to move onto playing the Common Sense DLC when it releases tomorrow. I do plan to come back to Austria in a new game in the future, especially since the new DLC adds even more stuff HRE related.

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat

jomni

Hold you horses.  I almost bought Common Sense but reviews say it's too buggy.

Kushan

I bought it, Paradox has me trained well. I haven't noticed anything "buggy" but I haven't put much time into it. I tend to ignore the OMG the world is falling because of this bug crowd.

I played it on my stream Tuesday, and there where a lot of OMG WTF moments as the game kicked my ass. France forced me to give up all of my English territories in France, then Burgundy forced me to release Cornwall and Wales. and the new fort and movement mechanics take some getting used too.

Edit: From reading steam, seems the biggest gripe is the increased coring/annex cost. Personally I like anything that slows down expansion. In this Austria game I'm already to powerful for my own good and I'm not even halfway through. This change forces you to make a hard choice on what to spend your points on; expand and annex, tech up, or develop your provinces. But your never going to have enough points to do it all. And if your play style is to paint the map with your name, well your going to suffer for it.

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat

jomni

So no game crashing bugs that others report? This is what I fear the most.

Kushan

I haven't seen a crash since the 2nd or 3rd week after the games released.

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat