How Many More FRIDAYS?

Started by Jarhead0331, August 10, 2018, 05:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

No Man's Sky, Endless Space 2, maybe some thing Total War? Dunno where the weekend will take me, really...enjoy.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

I can dig a bit of Led Zepplin.

F1 2017 desperately trying to complete my career before the new game comes out - in case I buy it  L:-)

Star Wars:Rebellion board game. Daughter plays excellently at the Rebels and seems she'll escape the grasp of the Empire yet again

Some bike maintenance after my 170 mile Newcastle-Edinburgh ride.

Enjoy everyone.
Alba gu' brath

Tuna

Can never go wrong with Zeppelin!

Continue my Attila Mercia campaign... Maybe do some flying IL2 BoS, or even getting the urge to hop into RoF again.

Dammit Carl!

Put money where mouth is and picked up Hunt:Showdown last night (plus, had a smidge too much rum so impaired judgement and all of that).  So I expect to get my western themed-monster hunting-battle royale thang on this weekend for sure.

Otherwise, Arma will be on the gaming docket if/when I am not dealing with yard(s)work and working on vehicles.

Have fun all!

Rayfer

Good song pick JH.  More of my ongoing Endless Space 2 campaign. Liking this game more and more as I get deeper into it.

Gusington

I am going to break open Vietnam '65.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

DoctorQuest

Heading out to dark sky country to watch the Perseid meteor shower. This is a good year for it as it is a New Moon this weekend. I'll probably take the scope as well as do a little planet watching. Mars was at opposition recently and should make for good viewing. 
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Rayfer

Quote from: DoctorQuest on August 10, 2018, 09:42:01 AM
Heading out to dark sky country to watch the Perseid meteor shower. This is a good year for it as it is a New Moon this weekend. I'll probably take the scope as well as do a little planet watching. Mars was at opposition recently and should make for good viewing.

Thanks for the reminder DQ... \m/

CJReich46

I dig Zep.

As for me I am OFF today so I have a bit of rest-and-recovery. Another weekend at work awaits. *Sigh* Back to School...

I plan on:

Endless Space 2 - I folded and bought it last weekend.  It runs pretty decently on my old potato machine.  Just running through the Tutorial.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 10, 2018, 05:20:35 AM

No Man's Sky, Endless Space 2, maybe some thing Total War? Dunno where the weekend will take me, really...enjoy.

Maybe some Britannia and definitely some Post Scriptum

Ian C

Endless Space 2 and second replay of The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt. Plus, just got the Witcher pen & paper RPG so I'll be thumbing that (reading the PDF).

DennisS

Forza Motorsport ... 4. Still plugging along, bought another 8 cars (all under $25k!).  At level 48, about half the content is finished.

New game, Parkitect. Figured out the supply depot system. I was a big fan of the Roller Coaster Tycoon series..and this is better in every way.

Plan on finishing my new campaign for Field of Glory II. This will be my go-to-game for a looong time. Need to invest the time into it, to master it.

Divesting a little time into my home-brew baseball game. Theory worked out, simply requires a 1-1000 RNG for results, easily available online. I will have 24 teams of 20 players each. Research on who the players will be, #1 is Babe Ruth, then Ted Williams, then a host of others...Bonds, Gehrig, Cobb, Hornsby, etc. My system will only need an excel file set up, linked to the RNG to generate results, which will be auto-tabulated, and presented. A variety of stats will be kept and maintained, AB, R, H, RBI, HR, 3B, 2B, Walks, strikeouts, AVG, OBP, SLG, OPS for hitters, Wins, Losses, IP, runs, ERA, hits, walks, strikeouts, WHIP for pitchers. My analysis shows Koufax and Clayton Kershaw as perhaps the two best starting pitchers of all time (not considering the period 1880-1915). Very much a work in progress..but hey..I'm retired, plenty o' time.

sandman2575

I applaud you in your home-brew baseball efforts, Dennis. I'll give you Koufax, but Kershaw? Yeah, dude is awesome (...though turning out to be worryingly injury-prone as well), but even from more recent decades, wouldn't you rather have Randy Johnson or Pedro Martinez, to say nothing of Walter Johnson and the old-time blokes -- ?

Anyway, I've also caught the Endless Space 2 bug. Game is deceptively deep, as many of you have mentioned. It's also a testament to just how important a game's UI is. Even just manipulating ES2's UI is a pleasure -- it's so sleek and fluid and flexible.

... I can't figure out how Trade works though -- ?

Ian C

Quote from: sandman2575 on August 10, 2018, 12:15:24 PM

Anyway, I've also caught the Endless Space 2 bug.

... I can't figure out how Trade works though -- ?

A great part of the game. Hidden at first by not having the correct tech researched. Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmchtloMnsA

PanzersEast

We'll see how it goes, but looking like at the moment.....

PC Wise:
Gladius
Endless Space 2 or Star Traders
Objects in Space or No Man's Sky

Back to Board Gaming:
The Pirate Republic
Invasion Afghanistan: The Soviet-Afghan War