DVG's Tiger Leader

Started by BanzaiCat, June 06, 2015, 08:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Cool, thanks for this. O0

Staggerwing

Just got my shipping notice from NWS.  O0
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

TacticalWargames

Just arrived! Blimey the box weighs a ton! Counters seem a little on the dark side some you can barely see any detail, a touch blurred aswell. Still overall i looks awesome.

Barthheart

OK, so the rule say your infantry can move or attack, or take stress to attack as well.
So can enemy infantry move and attack? Or do they follow the same rules?

PanzersEast

Quote from: Barthheart on June 12, 2015, 08:57:20 AM
OK, so the rule say your infantry can move or attack, or take stress to attack as well.
So can enemy infantry move and attack? Or do they follow the same rules?

I think enemy infantry do not follow the same rules.  They are allowed to move and attack without penalty.

This applies to all enemy units

QuoteAfter you move each Enemy Unit, resolve its Attack before going on to the next Enemy Unit.
Each Enemy Unit may only Attack one German Unit each Turn. A Unit automatically targets the
closest German Unit it is allowed to Attack.
Use the Line of Sight rules as you did for the German Units.
If more than one German Unit is equally close, attack the German Unit that requires the lowest Attack die roll to Hit. If there is more than one equally close German Unit that requires the same lowest attack die roll to Hit, choose which one is Attacked.

PE

Barthheart

I guess but it seems to me it would make enemy infantry units a lot less lethal and maybe more balanced?

PanzersEast

I am looking at adding a Stuka CAS variant that will also include the G model for the Eastern Front.  Not sure the best cost and effect of them, however I feel CAS is needed.

I also thought about having print and cutout buildings to place on the map for a more varied approach, however the movement maybe an issue.  I have yet to test it out.

Cheers,
PE 

TacticalWargames

Superb idea!

I'd like to see abit more detail with regards to enemy killed\damaged..at the moment they can only be killed. Would like to see tank damage...however I've yet to play it..maybe iot wouldn't work.

Also on BGG the reviews seem "OK". Some are bemoaning the lack of variety in missions i.e it's always a battalion attack. Others a lack of difference between certain units and also the Riflemen\MG vs Tank issue. The man at NWS has released some varient rules to help with the general issues that have arisen. I do hope we get to see an expansion that takes into account players issues\concerns.

EDIT: Just read on BGG an expansion will be released with more detailed unit and commander cards. So fingers crossed some of NWS ideas are implemented as they seem very good to me. I was thinking of selling it on unpunched for a moment but after this news I'll keep hold of it until I've seen what is planned then decide.

Panzer East you need to go to the thread at BGG where you can put forward your suggestions for the expansion with this.

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/19499052#19499052

Quote from: PanzersEast on June 12, 2015, 11:20:55 AM
I am looking at adding a Stuka CAS variant that will also include the G model for the Eastern Front.  Not sure the best cost and effect of them, however I feel CAS is needed.

I also thought about having print and cutout buildings to place on the map for a more varied approach, however the movement maybe an issue.  I have yet to test it out.

Cheers,
PE

TacticalWargames

This sounds promising..

"We initially had every unit start with a HE (High Explosive) and AP (Armor Piercing) stat for every unit. As the playtesting went on however, and we pulled in other beta testers, they got confused and did not like having multiple attack numbers for each unit. Originally, the AT Team had very good AP attack number, and worse HE.

As Christopher said, there is an expansion coming out where the game will get more detailed, and units will have multiple attack/defense numbers for the players who want a more historically accurate game, and pushing up the difficulty.

-Kevin"

Staggerwing

Does anyone know if there is a VASSAL mod for this game yet?

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

GJK

Quote from: Staggerwing on June 21, 2015, 03:33:03 PM

Not sure if one is in the works or what he would charge for it.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Staggerwing

Quote from: GJK on June 21, 2015, 04:09:12 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on June 21, 2015, 03:33:03 PM

Not sure if one is in the works or what he would charge for it.

Hopefully not much. I was thinking a mod for those who already have the game but not the room to play.

GJK

I think Dan has only released one VASSAL module pro bono and that was one that he outsourced to Mad Russian to make.  Seeing that I'd very likely not ever purchase the full boardgame, I could probably be persuaded to spend say $15 for a pdf of the rules/charts and the VASSAL module so that I could check it out.  I can't fault him for that, being smaller than the other game companies (of which are small themselves compared to non-wargame game companies).
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Barthheart

So.... is anyone actually playing this? As it is out of the box?

I've stopped playing and am waiting to see if they put out some errata/corrections to fix what should be a fun game... but isn't right now.

I've been following Chris's, of NWS Online, variants to add more "depth" to the game but I'd like the base rules to work before I go off using variant rules.
So far the errata/corrections seem to be coming from multiple directions and are sometimes contradictory.... this is not like DVG at all. Not sure what's going on.
Plus there's already talk of, and work being done on, an expansion pack for the game.... that doesn't work right yet!?!

I love the Leader series, even U-boat Leader that most don't, but this one has been a major let down so far..... hopefully it will become playable....  :(

BanzaiCat

Barth, I'm working on a review for GH. Might do an AAR too, but DVG has told us there will be an expansion and they'd send me a copy of that too. If I do an AAR I'd probably wait for that expansion.