The "Holy %$%# It's Cold Out There" Winter 2017 Thread

Started by mirth, October 27, 2017, 07:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

BanzaiCat

Gusington

God bless the idiots with no traction control whatsoever who try to cross hills and valleys in a snow storm. I don't know how Darwinism has not weeded these people out yet.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

It's well below freezing outside, still. The news reporters are still out in it and driving around in it while saying "don't drive, stay home." Even more hilarious is their dash camera footage as they mosey along and some dipshit in a pickup truck blows by them at twice their speed.

Gusington

Do they have traction control or are they frozen in fear as they are here?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

The frozen in fear part.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/hundreds-of-accidents-reported-as-houston-area-deals-with-icy-roads

Normally there's about 220 or so accidents every 24 hours, but yesterday in a 9-hour period there were over 300...with much lighter traffic.

Gusington

Just a mile from my driveway some jackass could not get up the hill and just sat there, frozen in fear, spinning his wheels and blocking the road. My carpool bud put his hazards on, muttered 'fuck this guy' and we went around the jackass with our 4wd. Jackassery overcome, for now.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

There aren't many 4WD vehicles here, except for the occasional jacked-up truck.

bayonetbrant

yeah, we had flakes in the neighborhood here around 0620

we started getting the snow around 0940
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Sir Slash

True story. After Hurricane Charlie back in 2004, I was on my way to work, a 42 mile drive, and nobody had power. As I got close to work I could see the power was back on and of course everybody was crowding into the gas stations to get gas. I was listening to the reporter on the radio giving everybody hell for trying to get gas all at once and how they should just wait until later so the people who really needed gas the most could get it. As I listened I happened to drive past a gas station and who was in line... the Radio Station van with the upset reporter in it. Sometimes, "Self-Service" has two meanings.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.