Warmachine: Tactics?

Started by Jarhead0331, July 09, 2014, 07:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Steampunk turn-based tactical combat, anyone? Early release on steam for...wait for it...$64.99

http://store.steampowered.com/app/253510/

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

I think I'm in love.  :smitten:

I remember writing about this for GARPA. Cool to see it's almost released.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jomni

It's riding on a tabletop franchise. First time I've heard of it though.

Nefaro

The full feature list looks like it'll just be some canned missions and multi-player.  ???

-budd-

I don't see 64.99 worth in that feature list....... maybe if your going to play the crap out of it in multiplayer............naw...not even then.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

GDS_Starfury

that really depends on how the game plays out.
all of my most loved games have been between the $50 - $60 price point.  when I factor in the time spent playing they become the smartest investments I've ever made.  I don't even want to think about the value I've gotten out of CS:S for $13. 
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Bletchley_Geek

Quote from: -budd- on July 09, 2014, 09:12:12 PM
I don't see 64.99 worth in that feature list....... maybe if your going to play the crap out of it in multiplayer............naw...not even then.

They're just following the - I think, reasonable - policy of pricing early access by matching the pledge in Kickstarter that entitles backers to have access to the Beta:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/409030043/warmachine-tactics

I see that they also went 3 times over the amount pledged, which probably means that they've covered their development expenses.

Or in other words, if you just want to be "customer" rather than a "backer", wait until release.

FlickJax

Looks nice, but will wait for full release. Nice to see more turn based games :)

TacticalWargames

I backed it during Kickstarter, it was $25 for a digital copy. Not 100% sure about it but will soon find out.

Tpek

I've beta-backed this during the Kickstarter, haven't had much time with the beta though. (It currently gets my GPU to overheat pretty quickly).

As for the pricing, it's for the deluxe edition which comes with expansions and DLCs.
Standard version will cost less.