Main Menu

Business Card sized Game Cards

Started by Double Deuce, May 30, 2016, 03:23:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Double Deuce

I'm working with my kids on a game idea and am considering using Business Cards (2"x3.5") and am wondering if there are many games out there that use cards of this size? I know the Siege games like Soviet Dawn from Victory Point Games does but haven't seen any others using that size. Anyone familiar with other games that use that size. I guess as long as they hold enough information they should be fine but would you consider them too small?

bbmike

The Up Front reprint I received recently has really small cards. I don't know the exact size (not at home right now).
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bbmike

I forgot to add they do seem very difficult to read for my bad eyes.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Double Deuce

Understand the eyesight thing, is a problem here these days. These will probably be more image heavy than text to make it easier for kids to play. I might print up some protoypes just to see how they turn out.

Staggerwing

You can get some sheets of perforated Avery business card stock to try it out. IIRC, Avery even has printing templates you can download to work with their various products.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys