Hoffy in the Hospital

Started by Hofstadter, October 18, 2017, 05:03:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hofstadter

So I have mentioned several times I had night terrors. Pretty severe. well the worse thing happened two night ago.

I jumped through my window during one. I have four major lacerations, two on each one, one of them just missing a major artery, I lost just under a litre of blood.
I made my wayinside and layed on the floor while our tenant kept pressure on the major wound. I saw them later, skin hanging off and fat tissie
I have no idea how much damage is done, they took a cat scan and said they couldn't see anything troubling. I have been waiting for surgery for two days. Hopefully it will be done in about eight hours.

I'm absolutely terrified. I just needed to vent
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Barthheart

Crap Hof! Hope you get better soon. Is there anything you can get/do to reduce the night terrors? Never heard of them being that bad.

BanzaiCat

Damn, that's awful, Hof. +1 to hoping your injuries heal quickly. Wish I knew more about how to deal with night terrors...

Hofstadter

Quote from: Barthheart on October 18, 2017, 05:20:32 AM
Crap Hof! Hope you get better soon. Is there anything you can get/do to reduce the night terrors? Never heard of them being that bad.

On phone and zonked on oxycontin. Forgive the weird spelling.

Don't know, the only guess we have is not playing or wtching intense things before bed. It's so buggered sas watxhing Gates motel that night.
I made the mistake of looking at the wound photos my mother took. I'm Wes cravens dummy
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

bayonetbrant

holy crap...  please heal up soon!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Damn that is rough. I hope they get you fixed up soon.

I don't know much about night terrors but I assume that the episodes only last a few minutes. AFA next time, can you move something in front of your window to keep you from easily jumping through it until you regain awareness of your surroundings? A heavy piece of furniture maybe?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

Get Better, Hof!  And no more jumping out windows ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

for the sake of trying to find a bright side in all of this - at least you don't live on the 28th floor of a building.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Jarhead0331

I had no idea adults could have night terrors. My 4 year old has had them. They are terrifying.

Get well soon.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mirth

Take care, Hof. That's some scary shit.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

Quote from: mirth on October 18, 2017, 06:42:21 AM
Take care, Hof. That's some scary shit.

+1. Hope this doesn't happen again.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 18, 2017, 06:13:14 AM
I had no idea adults could have night terrors. My 4 year old has had them. They are terrifying.

Get well soon.

I didn't until Hof mentioned them a while back.  Totally nuts.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

My older daughter had night terrors when she was younger. We cured them by taking her to the bathroom before they hit...they would come every night at the same time, around midnight. Took us 18 months to solve that problem. I have a sister who also had them as an adult. If you would like, Hof, I can ask her how she deals with them. I know she is on some kind of anti-depressants but not sure which or how much.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MikeGER