Madden football returns to pc!!

Started by Grim.Reaper, June 09, 2018, 06:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smittyohio

Quote from: acctingman on August 02, 2018, 09:24:56 AM
Quote from: Gusington on August 02, 2018, 07:40:56 AM
Browns 11-5?? No sale 😎

All joking aside....this actually concerns me as it relates to how the game handles player stats. I know it's just a game, but....the Browns?....11-5?....that's like saying I look like Chris Hemsworth   :uglystupid2:

The Browns should certainly be better this year, assuming injuries don't hit the wrong positions and such... But 11-5?  Not even the biggest fanboy I've heard on the radio is predicting better than 8-8.  And that is a pipedream if Jackson meddles too much and doesn't let his assistants do their job.  I've watched too much pitiful football over the last 19 (!!!!) seasons to see him screw it up again.    :crazy2:

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: smittyohio on August 05, 2018, 09:26:31 AM
Quote from: acctingman on August 02, 2018, 09:24:56 AM
Quote from: Gusington on August 02, 2018, 07:40:56 AM
Browns 11-5?? No sale 😎

All joking aside....this actually concerns me as it relates to how the game handles player stats. I know it's just a game, but....the Browns?....11-5?....that's like saying I look like Chris Hemsworth   :uglystupid2:

The Browns should certainly be better this year, assuming injuries don't hit the wrong positions and such... But 11-5?  Not even the biggest fanboy I've heard on the radio is predicting better than 8-8.  And that is a pipedream if Jackson meddles too much and doesn't let his assistants do their job.  I've watched too much pitiful football over the last 19 (!!!!) seasons to see him screw it up again.    :crazy2:

No argument that likely in real life the Browns won't go 11-5, but this is a video game that has a lot of factors which doesn't know players, just ratings.  Since that first run, I have not seen it again in the game they winning that many and even in that season, looking at the other teams in the division, a number of star players were injured.  Who knows what other factors came into play, didn't really look that closely.  But like I said, in most other runs I have them with six wins or less although I am not going to be shocked if the real life browns do better than .500, and that is even coming from a diehard Steelers fan:)

Steelgrave

I remember playing Front Office Football 6 or 7, simming the entire season and having the Cleveland Browns win the Super Bowl with a roster that had won 3 games in real life. I stopped playing it after that. Which brings me to Peter King and a sad little gem he wrote this weekend:

"I know nothing should shock me any more, but this does: Cleveland had 11 first-round picks in the eight drafts between 2009 and 2016. None are left on the team. DID YOU READ WHAT I JUST WROTE? Trading Corey Coleman to Buffalo for a bag of footballs—um, actually a future draft pick—Sunday proved the Browns should keep John Dorsey in power for years. The mayhem of impatient change just has to stop.".

Just...wow.

smittyohio

Quote from: Steelgrave on August 06, 2018, 09:15:44 AMTrading Corey Coleman to Buffalo for a bag of footballs—um, actually a future draft pick—Sunday proved the Browns should keep John Dorsey in power for years. The mayhem of impatient change just has to stop.[/i]".

Just...wow.

Corey Coleman's looking pretty good right now compared to their stupid pick of Antonio Calloway... a guy who had a long list of transgressions, including being stupid enough to test positive for marijuana at the freakin' scouting combine!!!  You really can't make this stuff up.

Grim.Reaper

I watched Hard Knocks last night where the Browns are featured this year.....did not get a lot of good vibes about Hue Jackson as coach.  He seems a little soft and too much of a "players" coach to change the culture there.  Should be an interesting year....

CptHowdy

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 08, 2018, 08:01:56 PM
I watched Hard Knocks last night where the Browns are featured this year.....did not get a lot of good vibes about Hue Jackson as coach.  He seems a little soft and too much of a "players" coach to change the culture there.  Should be an interesting year....

he coached under marvin lewis with cincinnati. lewis is a soft players coach as well so im sure hue learned a lot from marv.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

acctingman

How has that guy not had a aneurysm yet?

I haven't played a Madden game since 04 or 05 (and tried 16' out for a couple days) so his rant wouldn't apply to me, but I can see his frustration as a die hard Madden fan.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 15, 2018, 07:42:31 AM
He's not happy

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: bloody epic!

EA add-on memes have become quite a thing in the last few months:

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 15, 2018, 07:42:31 AM
He's not happy

Anything made by EA could be substituted as the subject.   ;D

I'd call it "nickel and diming" but it's more like "fiving and tenning" by those bastids.

If I end up getting the PC version it will only be for running single-player Franchise mode.  So hopefully I don't need to give a damn about the typical soul sucking EA microtransaction bullshit.  Hopefully. 

acctingman

Anyone playing this on the PC without a controller? If so, how difficult is it to play using the K&M?

Also, how is the coaching sim mode? (sorry, I don't know the actual Madden lingo for the modes)? You can select the play and the game sims it, correct? Is this for full 15 min quarters?

Thanks

Grim.Reaper

No idea on keyboard, can't imagine it being great, but guess better than nothing....

It has coach only mode although likely not fully what your looking for...pretty sure you press a button to start the play and then unfolds from there.  Believe you have to do all the kicks as well.  If your meaning not even watching the game and just pure simming, yes you can do that too.  Quarters are adjustable to what you want including 15 minutes.

acctingman

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 28, 2018, 04:57:28 PM
No idea on keyboard, can't imagine it being great, but guess better than nothing....

It has coach only mode although likely not fully what your looking for...pretty sure you press a button to start the play and then unfolds from there.  Believe you have to do all the kicks as well.  If your meaning not even watching the game and just pure simming, yes you can do that too.  Quarters are adjustable to what you want including 15 minutes.

Thanks Grim

I'll probably grab this when it firsts lowers in price

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: acctingman on August 28, 2018, 05:54:53 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 28, 2018, 04:57:28 PM

Thanks Grim

I'll probably grab this when it firsts lowers in price

Just buy a one month subscription to EA origins premiere (think like $14), you can try it to see if you like and play all the other games too.