Star Wars Battlefront II - PC

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 12, 2017, 05:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Dammit Carl!

Won't lie: the mode in SWBF2 (or was it #1) where you could hunt Ewoks or Gungans was the best.  Shooting those floppy-eared Gungan cocksuckers always put a smile on my face.

SirAndrewD

Yeah, I'm actually really down with it.  It's something creative being added to the game.

Still...Ewoks...

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Tpek

And it's back on a 60% off sale, due to the May-4th day that's due soon.

acctingman

soooooooo tempted at that price. Has to be worth it for the SP aspect at least

Tpek

And now it's 67% off :P
I'm actually probably going to get it now that I've heard rumors about the devs adding new offline/bots modes.

acctingman

Necro'ing.....

Anyone still play this? Is it worth it for single player?

Actually, for $13 it can't be that bad  :bd:

Silent Disapproval Robot

Great production values.  Single player campaign is very short and the story is pretty lame but it looks pretty.  MP is about what you'd expect.  Asshats, hackers, and Uber-skilled seal clubbers all conspiring to ruin your gameplay experience unless you're really into respawning.

acctingman

Hmmm....maybe I'll save my $13

Thanks SDR

SirAndrewD

Eh, I don't consider my FPS skills elite by any means, but I more than hold my own in Battlerfont 2 MP. 

There are some big balance issues however, and DICE has been slow to fix them.

I still find the game plenty of fun.  Hackers are a thing on PC, but they're not in every game.  The Starfighter portion of the game is VERY good, fun and the new Hero Starfighter mode adds more flavor. 

I still think it's a good game.  I go back to it regularly and have fun with it.  Sure, there's the occasional match that's just absurd, but heading back to the lobby yeields better results a lot of the time. 

Blast Mode and Ewok Hunt are also good.

Still, all my opinion.  If you don't like MP games you have no reason to look into Battlefront.  If you like them casually, it can be fun.  The Starfighter mode is decent enough that it can be all you play and get good value out of it.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Depends on your background.  I was an avid MP flight-simmer (and still fly occasionally) so the fact that you cannot use a joystick and throttle for starfighters is a real sore point with me.  Mouse and keyboard is no way to fly.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: acctingman on August 16, 2018, 04:59:03 PM
Hmmm....maybe I'll save my $13

Thanks SDR

In my opinion, the single story campaign is worth $13......in fact, no regrets paying full price and I don't even play multiplayer.