Auburn Football "Running Their Own University"?

Started by bayonetbrant, August 27, 2015, 06:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Quote from: airboy on September 02, 2015, 12:22:19 PM
This week the Provost sent an email to all of the AU faculty calling the controversy "BS."  First time I've ever gotten anything like that from the central administration.

There's more that's recently come out.  Does this make things better or worse?

https://www.chronicle.com/article/Inside-Auburn-s-Secret/242569?key=VUoegFJonv4-gPdfGkNzj4-JTkfh6ZBlDK9mgIYAAhyu5LdCr3bh48MStNroJvNNbmxLUFZDM0w1bWo3ZEhWTklpUzNsUUZsajB5ZjFPaVctWmRoM24tVmhEVQ
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

I read this, and it is a non-story rehash.  I know all of the economists mentioned in this story (or unmentioned with what they have on their doors).  By "know them" I mean that I know them very well.  Remember my econ background and research.

There was a good reason they were kicked out of the College of Business. 
There was a good reason why they came very close to being dissolved as a department. 
And there are very good reasons why Liberal Arts is trying to get rid of them. 

They are the only department at any school I've ever worked for or been a student at that cannot get along with anyone ever.