Middle Provincial Era GROGPUBLIC game thread

Started by JasonPratt, September 17, 2018, 05:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IncompetentIdiot

Valerius will prosecute Acilius. Voting order will be Plutocrats, Populists, Militarists, Conservatives, Progressives, and Aristocrats.

malize

Quote from: IncompetentIdiot on December 16, 2018, 09:56:47 AM
Valerius will prosecute Acilius. Voting order will be Plutocrats, Populists, Militarists, Conservatives, Progressives, and Aristocrats.

Minor or Major?

JasonPratt

Yep, the Major or Minor has to be included in the announcement. (I mean, I know which one you probably intend, but since one result threatens a character death then it has to be announced.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Also! -- I.I. must arrange for a Prosecutor. It can't be Valerius; as Censor he's acting as the judge. (I.I. can choose one of his other senators to be Prosecutor, or can choose a volunteer offered by another Player.)

(While I'm at it, I.I. should let me know which senator other than Valerius gets the extra 1 point of farmed Aristocratic Influence.  :coolsmiley: )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

IncompetentIdiot

The prosecution will be Major. Can Acilius be the subject of a Minor prosecution with no Minor tokens? Cornelius will prosecute.

Extra influence to Quinctius.

JasonPratt

Quote from: IncompetentIdiot on December 16, 2018, 01:14:54 PM
The prosecution will be Major. Can Acilius be the subject of a Minor prosecution with no Minor tokens? Cornelius will prosecute.

Extra influence to Quinctius.

Yes, Major suspicions can be given Minor prosecutions.

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, we can start tracking votes:

Acilius' Influence = 16 votes for Acquittal

The Plutocrats have no reason not to vote for Acilius's Acquittal, so provisionally: +14 votes for Acquittal

The Plutocrats must decide, before voting continues, whether or not Acilius is going to risk making a Popular Appeal. Until then, other Players must NOT announce their votes!

Despite going last, presumably all Aristocrat senators will vote against Acquittal; and they're still 3 points shy of having the most total Influence, thus no activist knight voting. So: -14 votes.

Net votes so far are 16 for Acquittal. (Prosecutor and Advocate net oratory counts as a dice-roll modifier during the final trial, not as extra net votes per se.)

malize

What dice mods apply to the popular appeal roll?

JasonPratt

Only the Accused's Popularity, which is zero for Acilius so it counts for nothing. It would add to the dice-roll if his Pop was positive, and subtract if negative.

malize

If I understand things correctly we are waiting on if popular appeal is occurring before voting ?

JasonPratt

Quote from: malize on December 17, 2018, 08:46:58 AM
If I understand things correctly we are waiting on if popular appeal is occurring before voting ?

Yes. I've dropped the Frog a reminder that we need to know before we can proceed. Since Acilius has totally neutral (0) popularity, it's a case of how lucky does he feel. ;)

JasonPratt

He just chatted back that he will not make a Popular Appeal. So voting can now continue!

For ease of reference, the voting order going forward will be: Populists, Militarists, Conservatives, Progressives, and (if they want to do something different than I expected ;) ) Aristocrats.

We're still at a net 16 votes for Acquittal (assuming the Aristocrats vote against as the Plutos voted for, neutralizing each other and leaving over Ac's 16 Influence as Prosecution votes.)

malize

Populists are for acquittal, I'm very leery of each turns censorial sitting becoming a license to pogrom — won't be too long before most factions would be vulnerable to elimination if we keep on that way; I apologize if that disappoints others, I get the goal here, just wish there was a better method than state sanctioned murder (with tit for tat potential)

JasonPratt

I just realized, I totally forgot to provide pre-Senate snapshot adjustments this Turn. I got too distracted talking about the new function unlocking to try to be Emperor.  :-[

That just means I'll have to wait until tonight (possibly after a Christmas party) to update the voting results.

JasonPratt

Okay, sneaking in some moments before the party. I'll see if I can't get properly current snapshots, too...

Malize adds 14 votes for acquittal, bringing the net votes to 30.

Tripoli votes next, then AzTank, then Erax, then last I.I. (although I'm provisionally including his votes already since he launched the Prosecution. ;) )

The Frog has not yet chosen an Advocate, but he can wait until after the Player voting to do that.