Main Menu

Too Much FRIDAY

Started by Hofstadter, January 12, 2017, 10:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

What do you get when you cross a Gusington and a chef at Cracker Barrel? A 'Short-Order Cook' of course.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

I was sure there was going to be some kind of "dumpling" joke...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

A Dumpling walks into a bar..... Asks the bartender, "Can I get a cold beer"? The bartender looks at him and says, "Yeah. You got any dough"? The Dumpling says, "Eat me"!  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on January 13, 2017, 02:31:04 PM
JH how many hours of MGS V have you played? I can't believe you have a top 10...narrowing it down from every PC and most console games published since 1980 is nothing to sneeze at.

Has to be 40 to 50 hours, at least. Mostly on the PS4. And with all the depth and replayability of this game, 50 hours is nothing.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 17, 2017, 12:00:02 PM
It just occurred to me, pursuant to Rome 1 TW being easily converted to Steam, that they're about to release R1TW for mobiles. Which means mobile power has advanced to the point where it's feasible to play R1TW.

Which means if I register my copy on Steam, I might be able to feasibly play it (thus also my nieces by extension) on my Surface Pro 3!  8)

I play Rome Total War on my SurfacePro 3, and on my ipad.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

RTW Barbarian Invasion is to be released in March IIRC.

I got a subtle hint last night as to how huge MGSV is after completing the prologue and the first mission and Steam telling me that I had 1% of the game completed. Took me 3 hours. So according to my new math it could take me 300 hours to complete MGSV.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on January 18, 2017, 10:30:05 AM
RTW Barbarian Invasion is to be released in March IIRC.

I got a subtle hint last night as to how huge MGSV is after completing the prologue and the first mission and Steam telling me that I had 1% of the game completed. Took me 3 hours. So according to my new math it could take me 300 hours to complete MGSV.

...and that's just the story. When you add side missions, base building, online play, etc., the time spent playing can be epic.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

I see what you're saying. I played for about 90 minutes tonight, completed another two missions and started developing new weapons, helicopter gear, gear for the horse, extractions, etc. This game can easily take over your life. This is easily a 1000 hour game if you want it to be. Did better on tonight's missions than yesterday too  >:D

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 18, 2017, 12:22:48 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on January 17, 2017, 12:00:02 PM
It just occurred to me, pursuant to Rome 1 TW being easily converted to Steam, that they're about to release R1TW for mobiles. Which means mobile power has advanced to the point where it's feasible to play R1TW.

Which means if I register my copy on Steam, I might be able to feasibly play it (thus also my nieces by extension) on my Surface Pro 3!  8)

I play Rome Total War on my SurfacePro 3, and on my ipad.

The experiment worked, except that (as I should have recalled but never do because it's so asinine  :buck2: ) the Surface has trouble figuring out how to scale-up lower res screens to the size of the screen. Meaning I'm playing the dang thing at squint sizes. (This afflicts many games.

I may have to try fiddling around in the .ini or look for a higher-res mod. Alternately, maybe I can fix the problem here (and elsewhere) by playing it windowed.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Nope, windowed RTW not an option -- but I'll try to remember testing that for other things.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

jomni

You guys reminded me about MGS V

Gusington

^As of right now I am 5 hours in to MGSV with 2% of the game complete HAHAHA

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

I shelved MGS V and don't even remember why, because I was enjoying it. Perhaps it's time to start it up anew...

Gusington

Beware - it clearly devours time and souls.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd