Age of Wonders III MP Party

Started by MetalDog, January 03, 2015, 02:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

bob and me are speaking on Steam and he asked me did I like Age of Wonders III.  I said yes I did, but it would shine in MP compared to solo.  So, we thought we'd start a spontaneous game.  It starts in an hour.  If you want in, sound off now!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bob48

No way would I play MP with Bob, he's a nutter........

And his hearing aint what it used to be, although I think half the time, he deliberately miss-hears what you say. Its what his missus calls 'selective deafness'.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

ive heard it doesnt work that well, but good luck

W8taminute

Count me in although I fear I may be a bit late.  Let me log into Steam and see where you guys are.   ;)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bob48

It works fine in MP, although it kicked MD out once, but I saved it and we got back in no problem and had about 3 hours in-game. It would be better with more players though.

'Clip those corners'

undercovergeek

does it not make you watch everybodys battles? this was the big hoo hah when it first came out?

W8taminute

Just finished a quick start session with MD.  We experienced no problems.   Haven't seen any battles yet as we just started a game.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

MetalDog

No.  You do not have to watch the other guys battle.  Although, I will say that I auto resolved everything and I suspect that bob did too.  So, you may have to watch the other guys battle.  Bad post over all for me :(

W8taminute

Before I leave for the night just wanted to comment that you do not see manual battles of other players.  Noticed this while playing against MetalDog just now.

MetalDog

Ok.  You don't SEE the other guys battle, but, you have to wait until he's done with it for you to finish the turn.  And you can't do ANYTHING while the battle is going on.  So, bring a book.  Have the television on.  Do sudoku.  It'll be awhile.  I have to imagine, that unless you are patient, and I am, you would have to agree before hand what the parameters for engaging in tactical battles are going to be.  Like, only if it's your capital city or your leader is involved in a Closely Matched or worse.  Something along those lines.

Gusington

^It's that kind of thing that I didn't like about Warlock MP...things took forever sometimes and there was a lot of waiting around.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

So.......you bought me AoW III to take me away from Warlock?   ;D

bob48

Quote from: MetalDog on January 03, 2015, 06:47:12 PM
No.  You do not have to watch the other guys battle.  Although, I will say that I auto resolved everything and I suspect that bob did too.  So, you may have to watch the other guys battle.  Bad post over all for me :(

Yep, I auto'd the battles against the AI, although I suspect that when facing a real player, we may want to do the tactical battles 'live'.

'Clip those corners'

MetalDog

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on January 03, 2015, 10:00:38 PM
^It's that kind of thing that I didn't like about Warlock MP...things took forever sometimes and there was a lot of waiting around.

Yeah you really have to be a patient kind of person to enjoy Warlock MP.  It is rewarding though because I think there is a bit more thought involved in playing your turns in Warlock vs. AoWIII.  Both are great games though.