Field of Glory Empires MP Game New Thread.

Started by devoncop, June 04, 2019, 01:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devoncop

Quote from: JasonPratt on June 19, 2019, 03:21:45 PM
Mua ha ha ha haaa?

Nothing escapes the all seeing eyes of the Pharoah's spies  :hide:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

devoncop

OK guys.

Slitherine have made the FULL RELEASE MANUAL available for download on their store page for the game this morning  :bd:

Enjoy !!

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Work is very over rated. If it weren't for the pay, I'd never do it.  :idiot2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

devoncop

Note to players:

Having read the manual ( and realised the Etruscans were less impressed with the prospect of his rule than he had been led to believe....)

Asty has switched to play Syracuse !

besilarius

Da Kingfish, Huey Long, once observed:  "hard work, like monogamy, is greatly overrated."
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

devoncop

Quote from: besilarius on June 22, 2019, 03:44:22 PM
Da Kingfish, Huey Long, once observed:  "hard work, like monogamy, is greatly overrated."

Huey Long.........my new hero :notworthy:

JasonPratt

Quote from: devoncop on June 22, 2019, 02:53:09 PM

sigh, WILL NO ONE RID US OF THESE MEDDLESOME ROMANS?! Our astrologers have seen a sign in the heavens that they are going to be serious trouble if someone doesn't put the boot to them now.

Just look at their language: words like 'yes' and 'no' are unimportant, but there are something like 3000 words for killing someone! This is indicative!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tripoli

Quote from: JasonPratt on June 23, 2019, 09:42:44 AM

sigh, WILL NO ONE RID US OF THESE MEDDLESOME ROMANS?! Our astrologers have seen a sign in the heavens that they are going to be serious trouble if someone doesn't put the boot to them now.

Just look at their language: words like 'yes' and 'no' are unimportant, but there are something like 3000 words for killing someone! This is indicative!

As the Roman player, I heartily approve his decision to play Syracuse.  However, I would approve even more if he took a nation closer to the Carthaginian heartland.  Numidia, perhaps? >:D
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

devoncop

Quote from: Tripoli on June 23, 2019, 10:01:21 AM

As the Roman player, I heartily approve his decision to play Syracuse.  However, I would approve even more if he took a nation closer to the Carthaginian heartland.  Numidia, perhaps? >:D

It seems Roman diplomacy is active already....is the Tyrant of Syracuse already the puppet of his masters in Rome ?

As emissaries from Carthage in Alexandria wryly observed to the great Ptolemy however, Rome can wave it's fists at Carthage from its bickering Senate House all it likes...with two rowing boats and and a leaky wooden raft as a navy it is hard pressed to take on a shoal of fish in the seas....😉

Tripoli

Quote from: devoncop on June 23, 2019, 11:45:44 AM

It seems Roman diplomacy is active already....is the Tyrant of Syracuse already the puppet of his masters in Rome ?

As emissaries from Carthage in Alexandria wryly observed to the great Ptolemy however, Rome can wave it's fists at Carthage from its bickering Senate House all it likes...with two rowing boats and and a leaky wooden raft as a navy it is hard pressed to take on a shoal of fish in the seas....😉

Yeah, I'm working on an AAR in Empires right now.  Roman misadventures on the Bounding Main feature in one of the posts.... :(
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

devoncop

Quote from: Tripoli on June 23, 2019, 11:59:30 AM
Quote from: devoncop on June 23, 2019, 11:45:44 AM

Yeah, I'm working on an AAR in Empires right now.  Roman misadventures on the Bounding Main feature in one of the posts.... :(

Well you can't Leave us hanging with that juicy info !!!

When can we see it and where ? 🙏

An AAR in my opinion is far more interesting if it contains failures and cock ups along with successes...I can't relate to one's that show uninterrupted success 😉