My Challenger II is almost complete - but what should I do now?

Started by JudgeDredd, July 13, 2014, 08:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

ok - I'm done...the finished article.

First time EVER doing weathering on any scale - so I'm actually rather happy with the results. I could compare to other people's and think it's crap - but I like the final cut. It looks like a used tank now

Before...

After...

Alba gu' brath

Staggerwing

That chessboard actually makes a nice display base for the model.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Nefaro

MikeGER

JudgeDredd

Thanks everyone. I was totally amazed at how easy it was to get that very reasonable result. The florry model wash was literally brushed on and wiped off albeit with some idea of what I was looking for
Alba gu' brath

Shelldrake

"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

GDS_Starfury

thats looks pretty good JD.   O0
I have an idea for you but if you try it you wont be able to play around with and touch your model again.
a filter of ground up pastels over the wash.
basically you get a pastel thats the same or close to the main tan color and grind it down on some sand paper.
then you take a smallish brush and rub the powder over the raised surfaces that youve weathered.  the nice thing about
this method is that if you dont like it you can wash it off.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

JudgeDredd

Thanks GDS

I'm not sure I want to tamper with it now. It's been sitting there for so long, holding up my other model making activities that I kind of just want to move on.

I might do though. I wouldn't be able to wash anything off though...not until I had "cleared" it which I haven't done as yet.

But - I might do   O0
Alba gu' brath