The Extraordinary Adventures of Baron Munchausen

Started by kommandant, July 19, 2012, 01:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kommandant

Does anyone here ever played The Extraordinary Adventures of Baron Munchausen?

I thing this game is awesome, it's fun all the way, until you get drunk and pass out :P

kommandant

no one?

what a shame, it's an awesome game, I will try to simplify it.

You sit in a table with your frinds, get some booze, wine, wiskey, vodka, don't use beer, you would need to drink way too much. The manual asks for wine, but any drink works. Every one get a glass and puts wine or any other drink. Every one creates a char, only name origin and title, like, Baron Ivanov Tcharnovich, Baron and General of the Royal Russian army. Everything happens in the 17th century. Every one gets chits, like poker chits, equal to the number of players, 6 polayers, every one has 6 chits. Some one starts, the owner of the manual or the guy that payed more for the booze, or at random.

First round:

The starter asks the guy at his right, to tell a story, a crazy one, like. "Dear Baron Ivanov, I remembered to have heard a fabulous story of yours. it was your adventure of how you went to the moon and came back."

The other players chooses to tell the story, or don't, if he tells, he must tell a story using no sort of magic or dark powers, but it don't need to make sense in the laws of physics. If the player don't tell, every one drinks a glass of wine and he pays one chint to the player that asked him. This second player procedess to ask the player to his right for another story, and so on, until every one tells a story.

During the story, any player can challenge the one that is telling, acusing to lie. For example: "But Baron. It's is known that the moon in made of cheese, how could you have hit it with so much force and not cracked it?" For this, the challenger must put a chit, to challenge the story.

The teller must introduce that to the story, and if done with success, without runing the story, he gets the chit from the challenger, and the challenger must drink a glass of wine. If the teller don't introduce it to the story, he pays a chit to the challenger and drinks a glass of wine. After the story is told, every one drinks a glass of wine. When everyone has told a story, each player shoose the best story, he can't choose his own, and gives all his personal chits tho the player, The player with the most chits in the end wins.

The game gerts better and better after each story, because of the booze, it's a lot of fun playeing it.

Arctic Blast

Sounds like something fun. I'm going to have to check it out.

besilarius

Any drinking game that everyone at the table is into can be a lot of fun.
I think when the TV show, Dynasty, was on the air, there was a game that everyone took a shot if Linda Evans hit Joan Collins, or Joan hit Linda.
Made for some unusual plot twists.  (Among the players, I mean.)
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

kommandant

^ You recall me of another game, I saw a long time a go, for drinking wile watchin ST TNG, you would drink with any tipical char move, like Picard's "engage" order or his shirt ajustment every time he sits or raise, so in one episode you would get drunk, in 3 would would get to hospital :P

A funny one was, if you don't speak "engage" with picard you drink 2 shoots, if you do you drink one, if you miss the timing you drink 2....