The "Uber" Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 19, 2012, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu1966

Quote from: mikeck on February 17, 2017, 10:01:36 PM
Yep. Now in the future, put bug fixes and such in the free patches but bundle all the new elements, database upgrades, dev created scenarios and what-not in a paid DLC. I don't think they should hand out stuff for free nor does anyone and I know i would pay. Glad they reconsidered as well

Well no - they can do what they like for free - they just cant take away things people have paid for and then try and sneak that into an "upgrade" hoping no one will notice. To a games company with even the first idea of how to treat paying customers - and premium paying customers at that - none of this would have been necessary.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

mikeck

Quote from: Zulu1966 on February 18, 2017, 05:43:41 PM
Yep. Now in the future, put bug fixes and such in the free patches but bundle all the new elements, database upgrades, dev created scenarios and what-not in a paid DLC. I don't think they should hand out stuff for free nor does anyone and I know i would pay. Glad they reconsidered as well

Well no - they can do what they like for free - they just cant take away things people have paid for and then try and sneak that into an "upgrade" hoping no one will notice. To a games company with even the first idea of how to treat paying customers - and premium paying customers at that - none of this would have been necessary.

Right...which is why I said "in the future..."
As in, going forward, charge what you like for new stuff if it's so expensive"
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Zulu1966

Quote from: mikeck on February 18, 2017, 05:55:44 PM

Well the point I was making mikcek was that there are other reasons for adding stuff for free. Especially for a premium priced game such as this. Fulfill the promises you made to justify that price, keep your existing customer Base interested in product, attract new purchases, attract a defence customer. Adding stuff for free is not necessarily purely altruistic, which was one of my main problems with their attitude. That and the fact they seemed to think they were the only dev team that had ever added and improved their product without charging for everything
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Grim.Reaper

Although I absolutely did not like their approach of taking content out, I don't think I can question their commitment to the game and what they have provided over the last (4) years since it was released.  We have received a lot of updates (sure, someone could argue a number of things bug fixes) over this period of time where many other games get abandoned in a short amount of time (how many other games at Matrix are active, many forums are ghost towns).  Therefore, I have no problem with them celebrating and boasting of the many FREE things they have given us, but it certainly should never come at the expense of taking things away.  It was a premium game (although many people probably have bought for cheap through the numerous sales) and there should be higher expectations, but I think they have demonstrated that support, minus this last episode.

If this removed feature remains as per the last patch and they don't attempt this again, I'll return to supporting them and buying their next products/DLC.  In fact, I would have no issue if they decided to work on the "next version" and require some kind of cost to upgrade versus providing the free content.  Just my two cents. 

Jarhead0331

Guys, once again, I'm not seeing any arguments that I have not already seen 2 or 3 times in the last several pages. You all clearly made your point as it now seems nearly certain that warfaresims has reversed itself. I don't think it is a stretch to suggest that the noise you made here is single handedly responsible for the positive outcome.

Now, as stated earlier by Bostonmyk, he and dimitrus have been ordered to stand down. I don't think it's in good taste to continue rehashing the issues when they are not here or capable of responding. Also, for the record, I banned Bostonmyk for his direct personal attacks against me. I intend for the ban to be temporary.

It is our hope that we can bring this thread back to a substantive discussion of CMANO. A good start might be to comment on the new features that are in the latest build and how they may impact the game. Hopefully, the developers will then be able to come back and interact with our community positively.

Thanks, guys.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mikeck

Quote from: Zulu1966 on February 19, 2017, 06:41:42 AM
Quote from: mikeck on February 18, 2017, 05:55:44 PM

Well the point I was making mikcek was that there are other reasons for adding stuff for free. Especially for a premium priced game such as this. Fulfill the promises you made to justify that price, keep your existing customer Base interested in product, attract new purchases, attract a defence customer. Adding stuff for free is not necessarily purely altruistic, which was one of my main problems with their attitude. That and the fact they seemed to think they were the only dev team that had ever added and improved their product without charging for everything

Well, your opinion is as valid as any other

But I think  they have more than fulfilled their original promise. This game has more than enough content in it to justify the purchase price. I'm not aware of anything that I was promised that I have not yet received and more. I would not have a problem from here on out if they charged for everything  not related to bug fixing personally.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Stardog765

RyanE

I have been getting very nervous about the direction of Command.  More and more flight simmers are showing up and demanding incredibly detailed features in the sim.  To the point, its doing some things more detailed than a 1990's flight sim.  These guys never learned the definition of abstraction.  Its to the point that one feature seems to screw up another feature.

But it seems like the voice of reason has finally come forward from the devs.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4240920

Hopefully, some of the posters will take this to heart.

chemkid

nervous? ...of flight simmers?!

i saw a request for a chinese language option - it's going to be an interesting year, i guess.

Dimitris

Quote from: chemkid on February 22, 2017, 11:33:33 AM
i saw a request for a chinese language option - it's going to be an interesting year, i guess.

It is indeed, but for other reasons.
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Dimitris on February 23, 2017, 11:13:21 AM
Quote from: chemkid on February 22, 2017, 11:33:33 AM

It is indeed, but for other reasons.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Kushan

PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play